ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP!!! Missing my second page of academic transcript

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

XY Cheong
Newly Registered

HELP!!! Missing my second page of academic transcript

Post by XY Cheong » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:36 pm

I made the worst mistake in my life. I am applying to extend my tier 4 student visa after completing my 2 Masters in the UK. I did the application outside the UK for another Masters that will help me progress further in my subject career. My university has checked all the essential documents including my First Masters academy transcript and my bank statement. They listed it on the CAS statement stated that I have met the requirements and provided evidence including relevant qualifications and sufficient fund of living cost. They also mentioned that I have paid my first year tuition in full. However, I made a terrible mistake when I submit my documents for visa application. I have missed out my second year Masters academy transcript and only provided them my first year Masters academy transcript. I also did not provide my undergraduate certificate as I thought that a Masters certificate will be enough. After a week of submission with priority service and I still not heard anything from the UKVI, I double checked the documents that I submitted and found this mistake. I became very anxious now. I have provided and submitted evidence of bank statement with sufficient fund and there is no other mistake or missing documents. Have anyone encounter similar situation as me? Will they reject me because of this?

UKVI seems to take much longer time to process the student visa this year, I am really anxious not hearing anything from them after 7 working days with priority service. Any advice will be grateful. Thank you.

XY Cheong
Newly Registered

Re: HELP!!! Missing my second page of academic transcript

Post by XY Cheong » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:39 pm

Sorry, I have a typo up there. I have did a Masters in the UK and now applying to extend my visa for my second Masters that will help me further process in my profession. I am a Malaysian, I did my application in Malaysia.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:45 pm

XY Cheong wrote:Sorry, I have a typo up there. I have did a Masters in the UK and now applying to extend my visa for my second Masters that will help me further process in my profession. I am a Malaysian, I did my application in Malaysia.
Bro you would need to submit all documents which were mentioned on your CAS.

XY Cheong
Newly Registered

Post by XY Cheong » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:23 am

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
XY Cheong wrote:Sorry, I have a typo up there. I have did a Masters in the UK and now applying to extend my visa for my second Masters that will help me further process in my profession. I am a Malaysian, I did my application in Malaysia.
Bro you would need to submit all documents which were mentioned on your CAS.

Hi, I spent the whole night reading online last night. Apparently, Malaysia is consider one of the 'low risk' nationalities by UK gov and it was stated that there is no requirement to provide evidence of finances or academic qualifications to the Home Office with my Tier 4 application. I will, however, be required to confirm on I application form that I meet the requirements set out in the Policy Guidance and that I hold the documentary evidence in the format required.

Still feeling anxious over this...

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:51 am

XY Cheong wrote:Apparently, Malaysia is consider one of the 'low risk' nationalities by UK gov and it was stated that there is no requirement to provide evidence of finances or academic qualifications to the Home Office with my Tier 4 application.
Yes, you should have just kept the documents safe at home in case they are requested. I don't understand why you sent the documents or why your university did not remind you about the differentiation arrangements for when they checked your application. You could have confirmed on the form in good faith that you have them, then requested a new copy of the transcript for your own records.

Having now sent the unnecessary evidence, it will be checked. See the modernised guidance for caseworkers, page 29:

Applicants who apply under the differentiation arrangements but submit evidence

If an applicant applies under the differentiation arrangements but submits evidence in
relation to funds, English language ability and / or academic qualifications, you should check
the nationality and sponsor information. As part of the overall assessment, even where the
applicant does qualify for the differentiation arrangements, you maintain the right to consider
any evidence submitted that suggests the applicant may not meet the requirements set out
in the Immigration Rules.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... sed-system

I advise you speak to your international student adviser tomorrow and ask for their advice about this. They are a much better source of advice than random people online!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

XY Cheong
Newly Registered

Post by XY Cheong » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:22 pm

sah10406 wrote:
XY Cheong wrote:Apparently, Malaysia is consider one of the 'low risk' nationalities by UK gov and it was stated that there is no requirement to provide evidence of finances or academic qualifications to the Home Office with my Tier 4 application.
Yes, you should have just kept the documents safe at home in case they are requested. I don't understand why you sent the documents or why your university did not remind you about the differentiation arrangements for when they checked your application. You could have confirmed on the form in good faith that you have them, then requested a new copy of the transcript for your own records.

Having now sent the unnecessary evidence, it will be checked. See the modernised guidance for caseworkers, page 29:

Applicants who apply under the differentiation arrangements but submit evidence

If an applicant applies under the differentiation arrangements but submits evidence in
relation to funds, English language ability and / or academic qualifications, you should check
the nationality and sponsor information. As part of the overall assessment, even where the
applicant does qualify for the differentiation arrangements, you maintain the right to consider
any evidence submitted that suggests the applicant may not meet the requirements set out
in the Immigration Rules.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... sed-system

I advise you speak to your international student adviser tomorrow and ask for their advice about this. They are a much better source of advice than random people online!
Hi, thank you for your reply. This is my second time doing a tier 4 visa application in Malaysia, first time in 2015 and second time which is now. I only become aware of the differentiation arrangements system for low risk nationality this year but however nobody had ever advice that I should not submit my finance evidence and qualifications evidence (in 2015 and 2017), therefore many Malaysians (friends that I knew) still submit as many evidence as we can.

As stated in the guidance link that you provided, I have to show on my application form that I am applying under the differentiation arrangements and declare that I hold the documentary evidence specified by the Immigration Rules and Tier 4 policy guidance. I do not understand how should I show it on my application form online as there is no column mentioning this at all. I also cannot find any declaration form for me to sign that I hold the documentary evidence specified? or should I write all these on the "additional information" section?

I have not received email from UKVI requesting for my document either. No sure how the entire thing works...