ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

missbenz5474
Newly Registered

Overstayer

Post by missbenz5474 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:59 pm

I have posted before but I am now really confused.Mu husband overstayed and was removed ie put ON plane to Jamaica within 48 hours.He wasnt held at a holding centre just in the airports detention till his flight.He was told it was a administrive removal.So with the new laws where do we stand he has been back there 4 years.I was told he would b able 2 apply for a spousal visa but a friend told me she spoke 2 a solicitor who said it will be a 5 year ban even though he has been back so long.Can anyone tell me which is correct.many thanks

Twin
Member of Standing

Re: Overstayer

Post by Twin » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:08 pm

missbenz5474 wrote:I have posted before but I am now really confused.Mu husband overstayed and was removed ie put ON plane to Jamaica within 48 hours.He wasnt held at a holding centre just in the airports detention till his flight.He was told it was a administrive removal.So with the new laws where do we stand he has been back there 4 years.I was told he would b able 2 apply for a spousal visa but a friend told me she spoke 2 a solicitor who said it will be a 5 year ban even though he has been back so long.Can anyone tell me which is correct.many thanks
Missbenz, i'm as perplexed as you are. The latest news seems to be that everyone with a removal notice gets a 10 years ban as confirmed by Victoria.

Now, I don't know where the 5 years ban or even the 1 year ban fits.

This whole thing is just very confusing!