ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT! Fiance Visa. Supporting documents to Sheffield?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Xman

Fiance Visa. Please Help. Thanks!

Post by Xman » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Dear All,

It is all about Fiance Visa. Please Help! Many thanks.

My Fiancee and I are both China Nationality. She is a single lady lived in Singapore for many years and already have Singapore PR(Permanent Residence). And I am divorced in the UK, I also lived in UK many years with British PR(Permanent Residence).

Our plan is that my fiancée is coming to UK and we get marry in UK, after we register our marriage in UK she is going to apply SPOUSE VISA directly in UK so that we could stay as a family in the UK. But first of first, she need to apply FIANCE VISA in Singapore ASAP so that she could come to UK.

And we have done lots of online researches, and unfortunately, we still having tons of questions as below. Please help. And please also feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Much be appreciated if you could help with the below questions. Many thanks.

1. First of first, we are not familiar with the application process at all. Is it necessary to apply the visa via visa agent that it could save us lot of hassles? If it is possible, could you recommend any good visa agent in Singapore?

2. Fiance Visa, we found this visa should apply as ‘Family visas: apply to live in the UK’ https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/overview . Am I correct? Do we look at the correct visa application to be apply for?

3. Fiance visa need to be applied online via VISA4UK website. Is it the same form as ‘form VAF4A’ will be asked to be filled online?

4. The Visa application fees is £1464. There is an extra cost for Healthcare. I did do the online calculation and then it worked out £600? I am not sure I did select the right option. How much is this cost should be for Fiance visa?

5. To approve our single status, can I provide my Divorced Paper(Degree Absolute)? Can we submit the photocopy? Or it has to be the original copy?

6. In this Fiance visa application, my fiancé will provide her bank statement for the application to support her finance status. My annual salary is more than 18.6K. And I have provided her my P60, employment letter with my annual income figure, and last 6 months payslips. Do I still have to provide my bank statement? And the date on my employment letter and landlord letter is states as issued in April 2017. Do they still ok for the application? Or we need to provide the letters with more recent date on?

7. Sponsorship form su07? Do we need to complete this form?

8. Proof of relationship. What material need to be provided? Any sample letter could be view?

Many thanks!

KatieWills
Wales

Re: Fiance Visa. Please Help. Thanks!

Post by KatieWills » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:53 pm

Xman wrote:Dear All,

My Fiancee and I are both China Nationality. She is a single lady lived in Singapore for many years and already have Singapore PR(Permanent Residence). And I am divorced in the UK, I also lived in UK many years with British PR(Permanent Residence).

Our plan is that my fiancée is coming to UK and we get marry in UK, after we register our marriage in UK she is going to apply SPOUSE VISA directly in UK so that we could stay as a family in the UK. But first of first, she need to apply FIANCE VISA in Singapore ASAP so that she could come to UK.

And we have done lots of online researches, and unfortunately, we still having tons of questions as below. Please help. And please also feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Much be appreciated if you could help with the below questions. Many thanks.

1. First of first, we are not familiar with the application process at all. Is it necessary to apply the visa via visa agent that it could save us lot of hassles? If it is possible, could you recommend any good visa agent in Singapore?
Not necessary to use an agent, they will just charge you for filling a few forms in. You seem perfectly capable.

2. Fiance Visa, we found this visa should apply as ‘Family visas: apply to live in the UK’ https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/overview . Am I correct? Do we look at the correct visa application to be apply for?

3. Fiance visa need to be applied online via VISA4UK website. Is it the same form as ‘form VAF4A’ will be asked to be filled online?
Yes, complete the online form and send it, print a copy as well to be submitted with biometrics. You also need Appendix 2 form which we had to print and complete by hand. This is also submitted at biometric appointment.

4. The Visa application fees is £1464. There is an extra cost for Healthcare. I did do the online calculation and then it worked out £600? I am not sure I did select the right option. How much is this cost should be for Fiance visa?
There is no IHS charge for fiance visa as it is issued for 6 months or less.

5. To approve our single status, can I provide my Divorced Paper(Degree Absolute)? Can we submit the photocopy? Or it has to be the original copy?
Suggest use the original.

6. In this Fiance visa application, my fiancé will provide her bank statement for the application to support her finance status. My annual salary is more than 18.6K. And I have provided her my P60, employment letter with my annual income figure, and last 6 months payslips. Do I still have to provide my bank statement? And the date on my employment letter and landlord letter is states as issued in April 2017. Do they still ok for the application? Or we need to provide the letters with more recent date on?
Only you as the UK sponser need to provide financial evidence.
Payslips and bank statements for 6 months(more if self-employed), the most recent must be no older than 28 days. I would suggest more recent employer and landlord letter too.

No, this is for a different visa.

8. Proof of relationship. What material need to be provided? Any sample letter could be view?Marriage certificate, tickets from visits, emails, call logs, screen shots of chats, evidence of cards/gifts sent etc. For cover letter hubby just gave a brief summary of how we met, how things developed etc

Many thanks!
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:35 pm

In addition to the excellent advice katewills has given you, do bear in mind that although your fiancee won't have to pay the NHS surcharge at this stage, during her stay in the UK until the FLR(M) visa is issued she won't be entitled to free NHS services and will need private medical insurance to cover any costs.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Xman

Post by Xman » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:25 am

Thanks very much for your reply. I have some comments as below.
KatieWills wrote:
Xman wrote:Dear All,

Not necessary to use an agent, they will just charge you for filling a few forms in. You seem perfectly capable.

Is the above information correct?

Yes, complete the online form and send it, print a copy as well to be submitted with biometrics. You also need Appendix 2 form which we had to print and complete by hand. This is also submitted at biometric appointment.

I would be much more happy if IHS charge is not need to be applied. However, I found the it states the visa is longer than 6 months on the visa of ''Family visas: apply to live in the UK’ https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/overview. Please see below.

1. Overview
You’ll need a family visa to come to the UK and live with a family member for more than 6 months. If you’re outside the UK you can apply to live with your:

spouse or partner
fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner
child
parent
relative who’ll provide long-term care for you

Is this has to be original copy?

Payslips and bank statements for 6 months(more if self-employed), the most recent must be no older than 28 days. I would suggest more recent employer and landlord letter too.

Are you sure this application need to relay on UK sponsor financial evidence that UK sponser need to provide bank statement? not applicant's bank details with bank statement?
I came cross this information and understood as, if me(UK sponsor) provided employment letter with salary figure, and 6 months payslips, and the applicant/my fiancee can support her funds with providing her bank statement for this visa application. It is not necessary to submit my bank statement.

No, this is for a different visa.

8. Proof of relationship. What material need to be provided? Any sample letter could be view?Marriage certificate, tickets from visits, emails, call logs, screen shots of chats, evidence of cards/gifts sent etc. For cover letter hubby just gave a brief summary of how we met, how things developed etc

Many thanks!

Xman

Post by Xman » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:31 am

Casa wrote:In addition to the excellent advice katewills has given you, do bear in mind that although your fiancee won't have to pay the NHS surcharge at this stage, during her stay in the UK until the FLR(M) visa is issued she won't be entitled to free NHS services and will need private medical insurance to cover any costs.
Thanks for your reply with very goods details. Does there is no IHS for Fiance visa? As I found the https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/overview states that this visa is for people will live in UK longer than 6 months.

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:42 pm

Xman wrote:Thanks very much for your reply. I have some comments as below.
KatieWills wrote:
Xman wrote: 2. Fiance Visa, we found this visa should apply as ‘Family visas: apply to live in the UK’ https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/overview . Am I correct? Do we look at the correct visa application to be apply for?

This is the correct guidance page on the UK government site.Have a look at the Immigration rules for a bit more info:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members

I would be much more happy if IHS charge is not need to be applied. However, I found the it states the visa is longer than 6 months on the visa of ''Family visas: apply to live in the UK’ https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/overview. Please see below.

1. Overview
You’ll need a family visa to come to the UK and live with a family member for more than 6 months. If you’re outside the UK you can apply to live with your:

spouse or partner
child
parent

From the second page on the link you have used:

If you’re applying as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner
You must prove that:

any previous marriages or civil partnerships have ended
you plan to marry or become civil partners within 6 months of arriving in the UK
You won’t be able to work during your engagement.
How long you can stay
You’ll get permission to stay for 2.5 years, or for 6 months if you’re applying as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner.

After this you’ll need to apply to extend your stay.

I would send the original or a certified copy just to be safe.

Are you sure this application need to relay on UK sponsor financial evidence that UK sponser need to provide bank statement? not applicant's bank details with bank statement?
I came cross this information and understood as, if me(UK sponsor) provided employment letter with salary figure, and 6 months payslips, and the applicant/my fiancee can support her funds with providing her bank statement for this visa application. It is not necessary to submit my bank statement.

Your fiancee's finances are irrelevant, you have to prove you can support her in the UK. Her finances can be used when you apply for FLR(M) I believe. If you don't include your bank statements ( to verify your wages) you will likely be refused.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:18 pm

You will be unable to rely on your wife's income when you apply for FLR(M) either, as she will be unable to work legally in the UK until her FLR(M) visa has been granted.

Joint income will only be considered when your wife submits her application for her next FLR(M) extension once she has completed her first 2.5 years of residence.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:41 pm

Casa wrote:You will be unable to rely on your wife's income when you apply for FLR(M) either, as she will be unable to work legally in the UK until her FLR(M) visa has been granted.

Joint income will only be considered when your wife submits her application for her next FLR(M) extension once she has completed her first 2.5 years of residence.
Schoolboy error on my part, thanks for the clarification, Casa.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:59 am

KatieWills wrote:
Casa wrote:You will be unable to rely on your wife's income when you apply for FLR(M) either, as she will be unable to work legally in the UK until her FLR(M) visa has been granted.

Happens to us all. Char and I usually recommend each other to 'have a cup of tea'. :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:30 am

Casa wrote:
KatieWills wrote:

Happens to us all. Char and I usually recommend each other to 'have a cup of tea'. :wink:
Can't argue with the healing powers of a cuppa. :wink:

Xman

Post by Xman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:38 pm

Thanks Again KatieWills. Please see my comments in RED, and I have also added some more questions. Many thanks.
KatieWills wrote:
Xman wrote:Thanks very much for your reply. I have some comments as below.
KatieWills wrote:
Xman wrote:

This is the correct guidance page on the UK government site.Have a look at the Immigration rules for a bit more info:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members

Went through this part, but haven't found the information application. Thanks. I found it said the fiance visa is not longer than 6 months.

1. Overview

spouse or partner
child
parent

From the second page on the link you have used:

If you’re applying as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner
You must prove that:

any previous marriages or civil partnerships have ended
you plan to marry or become civil partners within 6 months of arriving in the UK
You won’t be able to work during your engagement.
How long you can stay
You’ll get permission to stay for 2.5 years, or for 6 months if you’re applying as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner.

After this you’ll need to apply to extend your stay.

Thanks for your direct pointed out. It is really helpful. Do we have any full check list can be check against our application support documents?

I would send the original or a certified copy just to be safe.

Yes, I am prepare the files now and I will DHL all the original copy to my fiance for her application.

Your fiancee's finances are irrelevant, you have to prove you can support her in the UK. Her finances can be used when you apply for FLR(M) I believe. If you don't include your bank statements ( to verify your wages) you will likely be refused.
In terms of my financial supporting files, is the below files enough for my finance application?
1, P60 END OF YEAR CERTIFICATE 2016-17. (original copy) Is this still necessary that I sumbit 'Annual Tax Summary 15-16', what is the different between P60 and Annual Tax Summary 15-16?
2. last 6 months paylips. (original copy)
3. my employment letter from Company A, clearly state my annual salary(over 18.5k per year), and my salary paid into my account A, it does including the information of job title, my job start date, on a permanent basis, national insurance number,etc., (original copy)
4. not a last 6 months full bank statements paper, but would be my statement from my bank shows that my current bank account A's money balance, and it also states that the account has regular income from my Company A. (original copy)

Additional questions.

7. my fiance's bank need to put the visa's proper name on her bank statement when she ask for it, that the name of visa will shows on her bank statement. And we also need to state the name of visa on our letter and other files. I found the name as 'fiance visa' can not be found under Family visas: apply to live in the UK ''https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse . Can we still use 'Finace Visa' as a wording on the files for our application? if not, which visa name we should use?

8. For evidence of marital status, is that my decree absolute (divorced paper) enough for this? or my fiance need to apply single certificate?

9. Does she and me need to submit no criminal certificate?

10.Is that we need to submit original files as much as possible, otherwise, the photo copy need to be certified? If so, how do I do this in the UK?

Many thanks again for all your supports and help. Much appreciated!

Xman

Post by Xman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:54 pm

Q 11, I saw someone did say they did submit their communication email with marriage register office. I have not contact my local register office yet. Is it necessary to email register office so that I could submit the email record to support the fiance visa application? what shall I mention and ask in the email? Many thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:03 am

Xman wrote:Q 11, I saw someone did say they did submit their communication email with marriage register office. I have not contact my local register office yet. Is it necessary to email register office so that I could submit the email record to support the fiance visa application? what shall I mention and ask in the email? Many thanks.
You could simply ask what availability the Registry Office has during the month/months you are hoping to marry.
(Casa, not CR001)

Xman

Post by Xman » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:42 am

Casa wrote:
Xman wrote:Q 11, I saw someone did say they did submit their communication email with marriage register office. I have not contact my local register office yet. Is it necessary to email register office so that I could submit the email record to support the fiance visa application? what shall I mention and ask in the email? Many thanks.
You could simply ask what availability the Registry Office has during the month/months you are hoping to marry.
Thanks. But I also would like to know the procedure and the documents for this registration. How could I ask?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:16 pm

Xman wrote:
Casa wrote:
Thanks. But I also would like to know the procedure and the documents for this registration. How could I ask?
By email ? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

Xman

Post by Xman » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:39 pm

Casa wrote:
Xman wrote:
Casa wrote:
By email ? :idea:
I could go to register office and ask in person as well. But I wonder this email as a proof for application, what I shall ask in the email? Thanks.

BTW, I have replied KatieWills with some questions. And I awaiting for Katie reply. Not sure you could help with this? Many thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:42 pm

That would like to know the procedure and the documents for this registration. :idea:

I'll leave it to Katie to respond to your other questions.
(Casa, not CR001)

Xman

Post by Xman » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:52 pm

Casa wrote:That would like to know the procedure and the documents for this registration. :idea:

I'll leave it to Kate to respond to your other questions.
Will draft a email tonight and send it out by tomorrow afternoon.

Could you help with Q7 by any chance? What is the proper name of my application? Could I state as 'Fiance Visa(Family visas)' on my application paper work?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:41 pm

Xman wrote:
Casa wrote:That would like to know the procedure and the documents for this registration. :idea:

I'll leave it to Katie to respond to your other questions.
Will draft a email tonight and send it out by tomorrow afternoon.

Could you help with Q7 by any chance? What is the proper name of my application? Could I state as 'Fiance Visa(Family visas)' on my application paper work?
Fiance visa (Family visa) will be fine.
(Casa, not CR001)

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:52 pm

1. P60 can be included but I dont think it is necessary as you will provide wage slips. To the best of my knowledge an Annual Tax summary is for someone who is self-employed.
2. 6 months payslips mandatory - the most recent should be dated within last 28 days.
3. Employer letter sounds good. Include a contract if you have one handy.
4. Last 6 months payslips mandatory, to show that your wages are being paid into the account. Most recent dated within last 28 days. Very likely to be refused without these.
8. If your partner has never married then she is "free to marry" as per requirement.
9. You dont have to submit a certificate, not sure about your partner.
10. Send as many originals as possible. Post Office offer a verification service, or a solicitor but that would be more expensive.

Document guidance can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-vaf4a

Dont forget you also need to complete Appendix 2 which can also be found on the above link.

Xman

Post by Xman » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:31 am

I kept refreshing my form, and finally I saw your reply. Thanks very much. I think I have to say good night for now as it is midnight in the UK now. Will reply you with my further comment tomorrow.

BTW. I have replied your last comment and stated in RED previously, not sure you saw them or not as your reply didn't say anything about the original questions. Thanks.

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:57 am

Just post any questions I have missed in your next reply. Also when you are writing a reply there is an options box below the text window, if you tick "notify me when a reply is posted" you should get an email.

Xman

Post by Xman » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:04 pm

Thanks very much. please see my comments in RED.

P60 can be included but I dont think it is necessary as you will provide wage slips. To the best of my knowledge an Annual Tax summary is for someone who is self-employed.

I will submit at least16-17 P60, will submit more if I could find them.

2. 6 months payslips mandatory - the most recent should be dated within last 28 days.

No problem for 6 months payslips.

3. Employer letter sounds good. Include a contract if you have one handy.

Yes, will provide employment letter with contract

4. Last 6 months payslips mandatory, to show that your wages are being paid into the account. Most recent dated within last 28 days. Very likely to be refused without these.

No sure did you try to said no bank statement is ok?

Based on submitting employment letter, p60 and 6months paylips, Do I still need to provide bank statement? If so, can it be not a last 6 months full bank statements paper, but would be a bank note shows last 6 month’s money transfer into my bank I could them out online, and ask bank to stamp them. is it enough?

Do I still need to show total amount of money on the statement?

7. my fiance's bank need to put the visa's proper name on her bank statement when she ask for it, that the name of visa will shows on her bank statement. And we also need to state the name of visa on our letter and other files. I found the name as 'fiance visa' can not be found under Family visas: apply to live in the UK ''https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse . Can we still use 'Finace Visa' as a wording on the files for our application? if not, which visa name we should use?

Fiance visa (Family visa) ???

the fiance visa is not longer than 6 months.

Do we have any full check list can be check against our application support documents?

Xman

Post by Xman » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:40 pm

KatieWills wrote:Just post any questions I have missed in your next reply. Also when you are writing a reply there is an options box below the text window, if you tick "notify me when a reply is posted" you should get an email.
On the top of my last reply today, I would like to draft up the relevant letters now. Is there any possible I could see some templates or samples for below letter?

COVER LETTER, 1 from me, and 1 from my fiancee

relationship letter, 1 from me, and 1 from my fiancee

what evidences should submit for relationship proof?

Many thanks again.

Xman

Post by Xman » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:49 pm

KatieWills wrote:Just post any questions I have missed in your next reply. Also when you are writing a reply there is an options box below the text window, if you tick "notify me when a reply is posted" you should get an email.

Just found a new word on the internet.

should it be better to state as below name on the paper work?

UK Fiancé visa (Family of a Settled Person Visa) ??