ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA(QP) and EEA(FM) qualified category change

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kimarie606
Newly Registered

EEA(QP) and EEA(FM) qualified category change

Post by kimarie606 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi all,

I am the EEA national and have been living in the UK as a masters student since September 2016. My husband, non-EEA national, joined me in November 2016 on an EEA FP. He then applied for and received a second EEA FP in April 2017 which expires in October 2017. He has a job.

Our plan now is for me to apply for the EEA(QP) and then add my husband to the online application. (Would you suggest the online application? It seems the most straightforward.) Our main question is regarding my qualified status as a student, which ends in September 2017. I am already applying to jobs and have had two interviews, but have not yet secured a job for after my studies.

How should I address this on the application? Should I state the day I will no longer be a student and then say I will be a job seeker? Or, should I just apply as a student and then notify them of my category change (hopefully I will have a job by then!) in September?

I'm also confused by what resources we need to show if I apply as a student. For the FP application, I had to demonstrate ‘sufficient resources not to become a burden on the social system of the United Kingdom during her period of residence' (6 months). How would I do this for the EEA(QP) - we do not have sufficient resources for an indefinite period of time? We already have comprehensive sickness cover for both of us.

Sorry if some of these questions are obvious - I am just one again confused as we start yet another bureaucratic application process. Thank you!