ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Try, Maybe you can help us.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dr. K
Newly Registered

Try, Maybe you can help us.

Post by Dr. K » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:43 pm

Thanks for your support.
Last edited by Dr. K on Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:27 pm

How were to documents sent back to you? Were they sent by registered post? Have you obtained replacement documents from your embassy?

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:48 pm

Have you thought about Spousal work permits for yourself and your husband...it's usually for spouses of E.U citizens, but worth trying.You can also try moving to the U.K using the Chen Case Decision.
http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/chen.pdf

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:53 pm

archigabe wrote:You can also try moving to the U.K using the Chen Case Decision.
http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/chen.pdf
Someone tell me if I'm wrong here, but before the changes to the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 2004, which came into force on 1st January 2005, wasn't a child born in Northern Ireland entitled to be a British citizen by nature of their birth, just as they were entitled to be an Irish citizen? It seems wrong, as it would have meant one rule for children born in Northern Ireland, and another rule for those born in the rest of the UK. Also why would a change to Irish citizenship laws affect the ability to claim citizenship of the UK? I must have got that wrong.

It does ring a bell though, as I know of PRC citizens illegal in England (prior to Jan 2005), who flew to NI to give birth precisely for this reason, or so they told me. They then flew back to England.

However, I could have got that completely wrong. The PRC illegals in question might have been getting confused with their child's right to Irish citizenship, not British.

If the OP's child is, however, entitled to be a British citizen, then it's worth applying for residency using Chen conditions here in Ireland. That said, wasn't Mrs Chen granted residency in the UK, but not allowed to work?

Dr. K
Newly Registered

Many thanks for taking interest.

Post by Dr. K » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:55 pm

thanks for your support.
Last edited by Dr. K on Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:55 pm

Mr.Enda Kenny (opposition Leader) also did corrospondance directly with ex Minister of Justice last year for us and ex Minister replied him that our matter is getting attention in his department, but it was last year before election and since then we did't hear anything from them.

Please note Dept. of Justice never mention to us, our solicitor, Mr. Enda Kenny in last 3 years that they already return our documents.
Sounds like you should follow up with Enda Kenny