ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

strange email from UKVI?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sarah3333
Newly Registered

strange email from UKVI?

Post by sarah3333 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:37 am

My partner has applied and received a six month visitor visa. He picked up the passport with the visa in it on Friday and then got this email yesterday:

'This email is about the online Visit Visa visa application for xxx.
This application is reaching the date of expiry. If you do not sign in again before Aug 20, 2017, the application will be deleted. This is done to protect your privacy.'

We signed in and it said 'the rules have changed and you should resubmit details'. There is no record of the previous application in his account.

So do we have to do anything? I don't think it's a scam but it does seem strange. Can anyone help explain what this email means?!

Sedanday

Re: strange email from UKVI?

Post by Sedanday » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:28 am

I got this same email today
I applied in And got my visa in July.
Not used it yet
Although friends I applied with same day have travelled and return and didn't have any issue
So it may be a system mistake.

Because i was told they've changed those handling immigrations and visa to a new company (something like that) so I really don't know. It may have played a part