ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting original documents back

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hnt201
Newly Registered

Right to work during appeal

Post by hnt201 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:26 am

Hello all,

This is my first time posting and I would really appreciate some help regarding whether my partner has the right to work during her appeal process. She came her on a Tier 4 visa and then attempted to switch to an Unmarried partner visa. Currently has a valid Tier 4 visa until January 30th 2016.

1.She applied for an unmarried partner visa on October 6th 2014
2.Denied on the 17th December 2015 for failing to provide additional information (legal reps never received it)
3.entered the appeal process on 29th Dec 2015

As the appeal process will undoubtedly run well beyond the expiry of her Tier 4 visa (30th Jan 2016) will her right to work be extended during the appeal process?

Really appreciate any guidance on this,

Henry

vinny

Re: Right to work during appeal

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:01 pm

Her Tier 4 leave, with any work conditions, will be treated as continuing.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hnt201
Newly Registered

Post by hnt201 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:21 pm

Many thanks for that Vinny. The reason I was confused was because in the Home office guidelines in section 3C it states:

Section 3C does not apply if:
 an application is decided before the applicant’s existing leave expires, or
 an applicant’s leave has already expired by the time they apply for further leave (an out
of time application).

As the 'decision' was made before her Tier 4 leave expired does this mean she does not have the right to work? Or is the application not decided as we have appealed?

Thanks in advance I really appreciate it.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:30 pm

Yes. You are correct. If her leave wasn't curtailed, then section 3C is not in force. Previously, she would also not have gotten a right of appeal while she still had leave remaining.

Perhaps Obie or others may know more.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

hnt201
Newly Registered

Post by hnt201 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:33 pm

Thank you for your swift response. So in your opinion if we wish to safeguard her right to work under her Tier 4 visa should we withdraw our appeal and submit a fresh application before her Tier 4 visa expires? That way a decision will be made after her Tier 4 visa is no longer valid and guarantee her rights under section 3c if we were to go to an appeal again?

Again thanks so much for your help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:36 pm

If Section 3C is not in-force, then I don't think that she has to withdraw her appeal in order to make a new application.

hnt201
Newly Registered

Post by hnt201 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:35 pm

Am i correct in thinking however that submitting a fresh application before the expiry of her tier 4 visa will safeguard her right to work under section 3C so long as the decision is made after the expiry of her visa?

thanks again

hnt201
Newly Registered

Being sent Visa time frame

Post by hnt201 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:40 am

Hello,

I was hoping someone could advise me on how long it takes to receive your passport and visa after a successful appeal?

We received the judges decision allowing our appeal on the 4th May. The HO have not appealed within the 2 weeks they are given and now we are sitting and waiting for the return of passport and visa etc.

Is there a typical timeframe for this process?

Thanks in advance.

hnt201
Newly Registered

Re: Being sent Visa time frame

Post by hnt201 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Any ideas how long? Been waiting almost two months.

hnt201
Newly Registered

Getting original documents back

Post by hnt201 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:44 am

Hello,

We received my partners BRP permit on the 8th of August. I was wondering if is normal to receive this before we get her passport back?

Sorry for the question, she has been without her passport for over 2 years now so we are desperate and so excited to nearly be there!

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Getting original documents back

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:50 am

Supporting documents are sent separately to the BRP cards.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hnt201
Newly Registered

Post by hnt201 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:33 am

Thank you for your swift response. I will just sit tight and await the passport :)

Mirrorinuk
Newly Registered
China

Post by Mirrorinuk » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:24 pm

Hi,
Congratulations.
Could I know how long it took you received other supporting documents after the BRP.

Thanks in advance