ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur 50,000 route

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

starlight1234
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur 50,000 route

Post by starlight1234 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi,

It is still unclear to me, I am outside of UK (Non-EEU) and going to invest 50,000 pounds in UK business.
The business i am going to invest in my friends business, and he is on Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa right now.

As far as I understand, he can switch using invested funds to Entrepreneur visa. My question is whether I will be able to apply for entry clearance for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa with this investments? or do I need to invest 200,000?

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/ ... ment-funds

In above link, it is written "You can also apply if you’ve already invested £50,000 in a UK business. You must have invested the funds less than 12 months before you apply."

Can someone please clarify this to me. i am very confused.

Another question: Can I invest in UK business without being in UK?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur 50,000 route

Post by marcnath » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:37 pm

The general condition for any Entrepreneur Visa is that you need to have access to investment money (200K or 50K depending on the criteria). - as stated in the first line of the paragraph.
"You can also apply if you’ve already invested £50,000 in a UK business." - just means that it is also ok if the money is already invested (in 12 or 24 months before application, depending on the type of application)

To your other question - you can't combine T1-GE and T1-E. So no, you can't apply for an entrepreneur visa based on your investment of 50K into your friends business. You will need to have an additional 200K for your own Visa.

You could potentially apply for a T1-GE Visa yourself and if you get that, then you could join your friend as a team and both of you can switch to T1E.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:52 pm

50K investment is only allowed under strict conditions.
Read the guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

starlight1234
Newly Registered

Post by starlight1234 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:16 pm

Dear Marc and Zimba,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Another question is, I am ready to show 200K for T1E visa for 90 days, assuming that I will get visa, when these funds should be transferred to UK business? Is there a strict timeline?

From visa guide I understood that as long as I invest 200K within the three years of visa, I can apply for extension.

Can I transfer money from my bank account abroad in installment (or invest in installments)? Lets say, first 100K and the reamining 100K in two years and a half years? The reason I am asking, I want to keep some part of money in my bank account in home country for the next couple of years, but invest some part immediately?

Is it a breaking a rule?

Thank you in advance!!!

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:29 pm

starlight1234 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:16 pm
Dear Marc and Zimba,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Another question is, I am ready to show 200K for T1E visa for 90 days, assuming that I will get visa, when these funds should be transferred to UK business? Is there a strict timeline?

From visa guide I understood that as long as I invest 200K within the three years of visa, I can apply for extension.

Can I transfer money from my bank account abroad in installment (or invest in installments)? Lets say, first 100K and the reamining 100K in two years and a half years? The reason I am asking, I want to keep some part of money in my bank account in home country for the next couple of years, but invest some part immediately?

Is it a breaking a rule?

Thank you in advance!!!
@starlight1234 Initially you need to show that you have access to 200k in cash, after which you can apply for the T1 Entrepreneur Visa.

Once you have secured the visa, you have 3 years and 4 months (if you are applying fro overseas) and 3 years (if you are applying from with the UK) to spend the funds developing and growing the business. You can spend it all at once or throughout the time before the extension.

Hope this helps.