ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T4 applicants in Malaysia - Timeline

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

XY Cheong
Newly Registered

T4 applicants in Malaysia - Timeline

Post by XY Cheong » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:55 pm

I thought of creating this topic for the Malaysians to share their experience and timeline in getting their visa done. I believe many are as anxious as me right now.

Background: I did a 2 years Masters in UK, just completed and now applying to pursue another Masters in UK for 3 years. My first visa started on 25th August 2015 and will expire on 12th September 2017. I am making my second visa from Malaysia. My second Master course start on 1st September 2017, end at 31st July 2020.

Timeline: (priority service)
24th July 2017 -- submitted online application
26th July -- documents submission + Biometric appointment (10am) Received acknowledgement email from SHEFO (4pm)
2nd Aug -- request for application status by email (paid 5 pounds+) --> application has been considered and awaiting for decision
6th Aug -- use this link (https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus) to check my application status --> DECIDED (updated on 3rd Aug)

I still haven't receive any email from VFS in Malaysia to collect my passport. As far as I know, Malaysian passports are delivered to Manila for stamping. Anybody know how long does it take for them to be delivered it back to Malaysia?

Today is the 10th working day for my visa application with priority service. It was stated online saying that priority process usually take up to 5 working days, was then told by VFS staff said it will take 7 working days :roll:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: T4 applicants in Malaysia - Timeline

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:09 pm

We do not need individual country timeline/discussion/chit chat topics that become very difficult to moderate and keep on track. Continue in the topics you have been posting.

uk-tier-4-student-visas/2nd-interview-t ... l#p1518483

uk-tier-4-student-visas/brp-collecting- ... l#p1518498
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.