ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First passport without interview (Not JCAP)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chinho2k

First passport without interview (Not JCAP)

Post by Chinho2k » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:48 am

I applied for my first passport on the 31st July and today received a text that my passport will be with me within a few working days, even though I have not attended an interview yet. Could this be some sort of mistake?

Chinho2k

Re: First passport without interview (Not JCAP)

Post by Chinho2k » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:20 pm

Mystery solved, answering my own question here. Called passport office and they have confirmed that my passport has been printed and will be with me within a few days. Apparently the note on my application was that HMPO will forego the interview as my details all checked out during my ceremony (had a private one if that makes a difference). Is this now standard procedure I wonder, makes sense to me if it is.

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:03 pm

Interesting. I also applied at an NCS without JCAP and haven't ruled out doing a private ceremony (still waiting for the approval). If you don't mind my asking, how did they determine that your details checked out during the ceremony? Was it that you had applied for the passport the same day as your ceremony, or did someone at your council mark something on your passport application?

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:17 pm

All I remember is that the lady who did the ceremony asked me if I was applying for a passport immediately and she seemed to tick something on the ID check form which I had previously confirmed to be correct, and she said she would be sending that back to UKVI. Mine wasn't even NCS though, it was a postal application.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Good heavens, cohesive thought-through Home Office policy. Who would have imagined that?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:20 am

Passport received today without the need for an interview. I certainly hope it's their new policy as it makes total sense.