ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time between returned docs and decision

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lisara
Newly Registered

Time between returned docs and decision

Post by Lisara » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:56 pm

Hello to you all, I would start with the 'im new to this forum' introduction but it will probably be obvious to you with the type of question I'm about to ask!

Right, my husband did his biometric on the 30th July, 2 days later the documents arrived in Sheffield. He received an email on the 31st July stating online application has been received, the following Monday we received another email about not supplying a prepaid envelope. That's been sorted, what I'm interested to know is whether there's a correlation between them looking to send the documents back and a decision being made. We did pay priority for the application, and after reading vast amount of posts I've found the emails from UKVI to my husband have been quite quick. I could be terribly wrong (most probably am) but an insight in to other peoples experience after receiving an email requesting the prepaid envelope to the point of decision would be much appreciated.

Thanks to you all!

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Re: Time between returned docs and decision

Post by walker » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:10 am

No correlation between documents being sent back and receiving a decision.
It would seem documents are received, scanned, sent back and application reviewed in due course.

You could check the following link for an indication as to the processing time of a non-priority visa application:
https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times

I would usually expect a priority visa application decision to be received in half the time of a non-priority visa application.

mmasood19
Newly Registered

Post by mmasood19 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:04 pm

Lisara wrote:Hello to you all, I would start with the 'im new to this forum' introduction but it will probably be obvious to you with the type of question I'm about to ask!

Right, my husband did his biometric on the 30th July, 2 days later the documents arrived in Sheffield. He received an email on the 31st July stating online application has been received, the following Monday we received another email about not supplying a prepaid envelope. That's been sorted, what I'm interested to know is whether there's a correlation between them looking to send the documents back and a decision being made. We did pay priority for the application, and after reading vast amount of posts I've found the emails from UKVI to my husband have been quite quick. I could be terribly wrong (most probably am) but an insight in to other peoples experience after receiving an email requesting the prepaid envelope to the point of decision would be much appreciated.

Thanks to you all!

I sent my documents on 24 7 2017 but its been 21 days still no reply Nothing. Do u think i should get in contact with them.

Lisara
Newly Registered

Post by Lisara » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:31 pm

Hi mmasood

I'm an extraordinarily impatient person! And even though it hasn't been at least the "15 working days" time period they "aim" to respond priority, I called HO earlier just to enquire. I got told that my husband's application is awaiting decision.

I can't seem to get any updates on the TLS website, which is the system used for my husband's app, so me being me I called again to ask how accurate these sites are seeing as though I've read many times before that the call centre for HO can be negligent when giving status updates. The lady I spoke to the second time did confirm the status and she said the best way to find out is to call as they have information before anyone else. It's a bloomin' expensive way to find out, but I am too anxious to just sit and wait! Good luck to you!

dme82
Newly Registered

Post by dme82 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:01 am

My husband applied for spouse visa on 6th June biometrics same day paid for scan service and priority, and still have heard no decision.