ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help.. Applying uk born child new visa after 2 years

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pbndru
Newly Registered

Urgent help.. Applying uk born child new visa after 2 years

Post by pbndru » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi,

Me and my wife are having Tier 2 General and Tier 2 dependent visa till December 2018. We had a baby in Spetember 2015 in UK and he got a indian passport in August 2016. Now we are planning to visit india. So applying for kids visa (nearly 2 years old now). I looked at new rules NHS surcharges and immigration rules and i am bit confused. We have used NHS GPs and Consultants for baby's issues but nothing major. We never been told or received any invoices past 2 years about his treatments. Does any one think it would be an issue as i am applying for visa too late and used NHS services???

In UKBA website is says you need to apply for child visa if only travelling in and out of UK. Now we are planning to travel , so I thought it would be OK. But with NHS Surcharge services I am bit worried.

I booked an appointment for premium service(same day) in next week 23rd. Are there any new rules which might affect his visa???

Any help is appreciated.. thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Urgent help.. Applying uk born child new visa after 2 ye

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:58 pm

pbndru wrote:Hi,

In UKBA website is says you need to apply for child visa if only travelling in and out of UK. Now we are planning to travel , so I thought it would be OK. But with NHS Surcharge services I am bit worried.

I booked an appointment for premium service(same day) in next week 23rd. Are there any new rules which might affect his visa??? Do you have any reference for this? I mean which website did you find the information

Any help is appreciated.. thanks
I guess the question might be about the fact that the child was born in September 2015 and the IHS rule started in April 2015. I guess there is another rule coming to effect this August where children born here have been advised to get a visa within 3 months otherwise they might not have access to NHS. The issue of children born here to Tier 2 visa holders or other categories for that matter, is still a grey area. NO clear guidance on the matter.
In your own case I believe you will be fine.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

pbndru
Newly Registered

Post by pbndru » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:15 am

Thanks for your respose Djsuccess.

This is the link which comes into effect from 21st August

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ations.pdf

Here in section 12. Working with the Home Office - it says home office will check with NHS for any debts they owe, if so they will reject leave to remain.

I am afraid about this.

1. Am I still OK to process my kids application
2. Will UKBA treat him as legal application as we are applying for his visa after 2 years he was born
3. I used NHS for my baby only for GP appointments and no other services. We havent got any info from NHS or been told by NHS about any payments we need to make. Am i OK?
4. Me and my wife visa is for 3 years and we paid 600£ surcharge each. Now we paid 300£ for my kid surcharge as our visa is expiring in December 2018. Its for 1.5 years . Do you think he needs to pay 600 or 300 is ok?

My appointment is in next week. I started to worry a lot.

Thanks

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:52 am

I guess you are worrying too much. My daughter was born here in 2016 and I didn't apply for a visa until August about 7 months after (only applied because we had to travel). She was in the neonatal unit for a full 5 weeks from birth and we have had several NHS appointments for her before and after we applied for her visa and paid IHS. I had no problems whatsoever in getting her visa. IHS calculation is based on the duration left on main applicant's leave so whatever you have paid on that basis should be correct.Good luck