ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur (Business Plan & Business Transaction)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Navin4966
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur (Business Plan & Business Transaction)

Post by Navin4966 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:42 pm

Hello All,

I am currently in UK on tier 2 general visa along with my wife who is on Tier 2 Dependent VISA.

We are planning to apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur 200K route. We are into IT consultancy and our business is registered on my wife's name and she is the only/sole director. The company was registered in the 1st quarter of 2016. We are applying VISA on my wife's name and I will be her dependent.

Below are couple of questions which we would need your help on

1. We had created a rough/high level business plan back then and haven't updated it. Should we/Can we submit 2 versions of business plan, first one will state this is how we started our business and updated version stating this is how we plan to move forward.
2. Should I provide financial forecast for 5 years including 2016
3. If we need to provide them just one what date should we add as business plan date? as I have seen someone's visa getting rejected based on the business plan date (his business plan was dated just 2 days before application date). In my case should the business plan date be somewhere before we started the business or after we started the business.
4. I was the one driving the business and all email exchange are done via my email id and my wife's mail id was used just for sending of invoice (both email id are using our registered domain). Can we provide email print out of my email exchange as evidence of business. As per law I shouldn't be involved in any other business as I am employee of the company which has sponsored my tier 2 (again this is my understanding). Providing my email print out would it cause any issue as we are applying VISA on my wife's name.
4. We will be applying from India, please help us understand the time line for this process.

Thanks for your time and help

Regards,
Navi

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur (Business Plan & Business Transactio

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:52 am

This is obviously not a business support forum. It is rather a place to discuss Tier 1E applications based on the immigration rules as they stand.
You do not need to have a working business to apply under Tier 1E visa, a business plan and sufficient funds are the key requirements.
Tier 1E rules do not tell you what constitutes a business plan or how you must prepare or present your business case.
It is entirely up to you to present your business case with all the evidence as you see fit. Assessment of your plans and business case in general remains at the discretion of HO.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:27 am

Navin4966 wrote: 1. We had created a rough/high level business plan back then and haven't updated it. Should we/Can we submit 2 versions of business plan, first one will state this is how we started our business and updated version stating this is how we plan to move forward.

2. Should I provide financial forecast for 5 years including 2016
As Zimba pointed out, there are no specific guidelines for a business plan. Nor is there a need for an existing business.
Navin4966 wrote:3. If we need to provide them just one what date should we add as business plan date? as I have seen someone's visa getting rejected based on the business plan date (his business plan was dated just 2 days before application date). In my case should the business plan date be somewhere before we started the business or after we started the business.
I can't imagine what the business plan date has to do with the application. I am sceptical that would have been the reason for rejection.
Navin4966 wrote:4. I was the one driving the business and all email exchange are done via my email id and my wife's mail id was used just for sending of invoice (both email id are using our registered domain). Can we provide email print out of my email exchange as evidence of business. As per law I shouldn't be involved in any other business as I am employee of the company which has sponsored my tier 2 (again this is my understanding). Providing my email print out would it cause any issue as we are applying VISA on my wife's name.
It looks like your wife's involvement so far was more one of convenience to avoid violating the Tier 2 conditions.

If the application is going to be in your wife's name, she needs to be prepared for the interview and be able to answer all aspects of the business including her own skills and experience in the field.

Taking a second job on Tier 2 is allowed if you’re working up to 20 hours a week in either:

- the same profession as your main job and at the same level
- a profession on the shortage occupation list

You can also do unpaid voluntary work.

So, you should be ok.
Navin4966 wrote: 4. We will be applying from India, please help us understand the time line for this process.

Regards,
Navi
Time lines for overseas Visa applications are available athttps://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Navin4966
Newly Registered

Post by Navin4966 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:57 am

Hello zimba88 & marcnath,

Thanks for your inputs.

marcnath,

Yes, I will get her prepared and trying to get her involved in business plan preparation and other documents gathering. Also making sure we both understand all the UK laws related to IT consultancy.

Will post here if I have further questions.

Regards,
Navi