ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply British passport from India for UK born child.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ersaab
Newly Registered

Apply British passport from India for UK born child.

Post by ersaab » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:34 am

Hi All,

I am currently on Tier 2 general visa and eligible to apply for ILR in November 2017.

My daughter was born in UK in April 2017. we obtained her Indian passport and now she is in India with her mother for some time.

Can we apply for my daughter's UK passport and citizenship from India and how long generally it takes to get it as my wife has to join back work in March ?

Thanks in advance.

99Sheetal
Newly Registered

Re: Apply British passport from India for UK born child.

Post by 99Sheetal » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:20 pm

Hi Immigration Gurus, Vinny, Secret Simon,

Can you please help me with above.... don't want to get RoA application rejected for not selecting right option.

Thanks in advance

secret.simon

Re: Apply British passport from India for UK born child.

Post by secret.simon » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi 99Sheetal, are you the same person as ersaab? If so, why two usernames?

Be aware that as the child was not born with dual citizenship but will be registered as a British citizen, she will not be eligible for CoE-RoA, because she will automatically lose her Indian citizenship and therefore the right to an Indian passport when she gets her registration certificate.

It will be much better and easier if she returns to the UK and the registration and UK passport are applied for her in the UK. She can then apply for an X-visa or OCI and return back to India.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.