ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working Holiday Visa refused - appeal? reapply? Lost case?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rachel_m
Newly Registered

Working Holiday Visa refused - appeal? reapply? Lost case?

Post by Rachel_m » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:17 am

a friend of the family applied for a WHV through the British High Commission in Pretoria.

He was refused today based on their suspicion that he may want to professionally persue his career in the UK.

I asked him what he put on the forms and he said he was clear that he had no intention of doing any other work than waitring or bar work so i'm not sure what they had an issue with.

The family asked for advice / help of which I don't really know any. Apparently the appeal process can take up to a year.

Does anyone know if he can simply reapply and what he could do to prove his case?

Or is this a lost case?

I understand he doesn't have a degree so HSMP is not an option.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:16 pm

What was his career before? How old is he?

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:51 am

The appeal can take a long time. It is so difficult to get these visas from SOuth Africa, as the ECO's suspect everyone of lying.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!