ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Review of Liverpool PSC

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Scouse Mouse
Newly Registered

Review of Liverpool PSC

Post by Scouse Mouse » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:37 am

I recently fast tracked an NTL at Liverpool's premium service centre and wanted to share the experience with some useful information.
Liverpool PSC is on Union Street, a small side road off the busy Old Hall Street. It's actually a side entrance to the new glass fronted Capital building which itself is a stones throw from the main Liverpool passport office.

Getting to it is fairly easy, with Moorfields station nearby and plenty of bus links to nearby Dale street. Car parking is a bit more of an issue. Avoid the overpriced NCP Pall Mall (£5 hour). At the end of union street is the large, almost hidden multistory Liverpool Capital car park, a few mins walk to the psc and £8.50 for up to 4 hours.

My appointment was at 2pm and you are advised to turn up 15 mins early to go through security. The centre is slightly below ground and you enter into a foyer where three very imposing looking guards ask to see your appointment letter and application form before asking you to deposit your belongings in a basket and directing you through an airport style scanner. They will confiscate lighters and vape cigarettes. You are given a ticket number and told to sit in the waiting area.

The waiting room has maybe 40 metal bench type seats and faces perhaps 30 mostly empty reception desks. There's a couple of screens where you can see your ticket number and the stage you are at. You'll be called over to a receptionist on time and she'll check your application and ask for your documents before asking you to take a seat for around 15 mins. You'll then be called back over and given your passport back and asked to sit back and wait to be called for your biometrics to be taken.

That takes a few minutes fingers scanned, a camera mounted on the wall takes your picture and your told to return your passport to the reception desk. (You can leave the building up till 4pm when they prevent anyone re-entering. There's a Tesco express, Sainsbury's local and a Greggs nearby if you get hungry.)

You're then asked to sit and wait and you can see the 4-5 case workers just behind the receptionists handling your papers and checking stuff on their computers. You may be called back over if they need further information or documents for you. I was eventually called back over just after 4pm and told my application was successful and asked to wait again whilst they prepared the confirmation letter.

About 10 mins later I was given the letter, and my documents back. My BRP arrived by DX courier 4 working days later. Note they do not issue you with a tracking number for this but if you call the courier a few days later and provide your post code they will tell you if they have anything for you and when you are likely to receive it. It will need signing for and proof of id.

All in all a very fast and efficient process and I would recommend anyone who needs a BRP fast to use this service.