ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa to USA

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chigsblue
Newly Registered

Visit Visa to USA

Post by Chigsblue » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:20 am

Please guys I need guideline or solution on how to get it right on B1, B2 Visa that was denied me and my family. We applied for a tourist Visa from Nigeria last year. I own a Real Estate Company and my wife was a homemaker. So our Visa was rejected because my wife did not have strong ties. So that same last year, my wife got a job in a bank so we decided now to apply this year again since she's got a job that pays her well which is strong ties. At this time, we decided to use my wife's friend who stays in Odessa Texas in the US as out contact person and place we will be going to stay for tourism. Three(3) days before our interview date my wife's friend got a call from DHS in America to ask her if she's aware about our visit for tourism. They asked her if my wife was pregnant and she said No but she's aware that we are coming to America for tourism. She also told the DHS  that we are not coming to her house directly that she's going to meet us somewhere and in our DS-160 Application Form we never said we are going somewhere else before going to Odessa Texas. So from what she said, it looks like we lied in our DS 160 form about our intent of tourism. So when we went for our interview, it was denied. She later told us that she was sorry about that it was a mistake from her side. Now I want to when how we can apply again and for how long it will take us to reply. We are not going to be illegal immigrants in the US. I have a Real Estate company with people working for me and I make good money in Real Estate. I have my own property and now my wife have a job in the bank that pays her well too. Please I need a guideline on what to do when next I will apply. Thanks in anticipation of you guys prompt response.

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Visit Visa to USA

Post by seanjoe » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:09 pm

This is a very strange case.
I am very shocked to hear that your friend was asked about your wife being pregnant? That just seems so weird.

The B1 is for business and the B2 is for visit/tourism.
Anyways, when you book a B1/B2 visa, you need to have proof of your return ticket, proof of funds and intent to return.

Hotels or very distinct plans are good evidence of a valid holiday.
Duration of about a week minimum also makes sense. If you are going for just a few days, that can be tricky as they would wonder what you want to do for just a few days.

Good luck.
sean

Chigsblue
Newly Registered

Post by Chigsblue » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:49 am

Thanks so much Seanjoe for your responds. We have proof of adequate funds but we don't have proof of return tickets as we intends to book our flights as soon as our Visa is granted. Our visit durations was just two weeks but you advise we do one week. We are going to do one week next time we reapply and also do hotel reservation instead of saying with a friend. But please what do you think if we decides to get an invitation letter from my wife's elder sister who has been leaving in the US for more that 15 years and works with Shell Company in Us? Do you think that will be fine? Please kindly let me know your opinion to this. Thanks as I wait for your prompt responds.

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:33 pm

Chigsblue wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:49 am
Thanks so much Seanjoe for your responds. We have proof of adequate funds but we don't have proof of return tickets as we intends to book our flights as soon as our Visa is granted. Our visit durations was just two weeks but you advise we do one week. We are going to do one week next time we reapply and also do hotel reservation instead of saying with a friend. But please what do you think if we decides to get an invitation letter from my wife's elder sister who has been leaving in the US for more that 15 years and works with Shell Company in Us? Do you think that will be fine? Please kindly let me know your opinion to this. Thanks as I wait for your prompt responds.
Getting the tickets after visa approval is fine. 1 or 2 weeks is fine, all I said was that if it less than a week, then it may cause suspicion.
An invitation letter is only needed if you have no hotels booked; however, if you have a hotel booked then that would be the better option. I do not think you need an invitation letter as long as you can show you have strong ties back to your home country.
Good luck.
sean

Chigsblue
Newly Registered

Post by Chigsblue » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:42 am

Thank you so much Seanjoe for your swift response. I have heard all you said. My have a Real Estate Company and staffs that works for me, my wife works in a bank and my daughter will be two years by December 25th this year. Please, what kind of strong ties again do you think I have to get. Cos I own a company and my wife works in a bank. We have strong finiancial backups. So I don't really know what other strong ties to possess to be granted a Visa just to visit America and come back. Please kindly suggest to me what you think that will be another strong ties added to the ones that I have like my job and my wife's job. Thanks as I also look forward in hearing from you.

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:40 pm

So what is the main purpose of your visit?
What do you plan to do for the 2 weeks? Where are you going? What are the detailed plans?
This is what they could ask you, so just preparing you.

Bring some copies of previous tax returns, payslips, company returns, etc.
That should help.
sean

Chigsblue
Newly Registered

Post by Chigsblue » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:03 am

Thank you so much Sean for your swift response. For the questions you asked me, the purpose of my travelling to the US is just for tourism and will be staying for 2 weeks. I will be staying in holiday Inn hotel in New York. For the 2 weeks I will be staying, we ( me,my wife and daughter) will be visiting some some tourist attractions place like bronx zoo. Disney land, central park etc. We will also do some shopping. Just tourism. For my tax returns, I do have them even in our last interview, I went will all the supporting documents but none of these documents were asked for except our passports and some few questions. So I do have strong ties. I even have a property and cars for my staffs. Am the first son of my parents and my father is late. I have siblings that are dependant on my.So there's no way I will go to the US and stay. I just want to take my family around and also to cool of the stress from work. I have always love US from my childhood. Thanks you so much Sean and God bless.

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:20 pm

Good luck!
sean