ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal visa Appeal Rejected. Now what? Urgent

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kevlaw
Newly Registered

Spousal visa Appeal Rejected. Now what? Urgent

Post by kevlaw » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:12 pm

Hi, My wife is Venezuelan and her spousal visa was rejected today (August 15th 2017), we appealed the initial decision, it was refused that time on the grounds that;
Applicant and sponsor did not provide letters of undertaking,
A reference of the sponsors Passport has not been provided,
Sponsor failed to provide p60s for the past 2 years,
Relationship history deemed not sufficient.

Myself and my solicitor sat down together and made her appeal together and got all the relevant documents together including, Bank Receipts of money I had been sending to her for the past 3 years, Marriage certificates which were certified translated to English, receipts from post office of parcels I had been sending to her for last year which included presents and clothes and food etc, Details of my bank account which showed there was sufficient money to cover her as her sponsor, A letter from my Parish Priest to confirm we intended to marry in a religious ceremony in Ireland next year, and confirmed booking of the hotel we would be in and deposit paid etc, 42 photographs of our time together when I was in Venezuela to be married last October, Letters of Undertaking from both me and my spouse also including a letter to indicate that my solicitor had the rights to act on my wife's behalf, Letter of invitation from myself, Letters from my parents and sibling to state of our marriage and relationship was real, a copy of my passport, p60s for the last 4 years, 3 Meteor phone bills that I set up in my wifes name that she uses in Venezuela as is cheper, and showed evidence of phone calls to and from us both since May.

All this I gave and was sent to be appealed on the 27/7/17, today the appeal was rejected on the grounds that;
A copy of the reference's passport has not been provided. The applicant only included a copy of his Bio-Data page of the reference's passport.
Relationship History- No evidence that we have met face to face prior or since our marriage.

I just don't know what to do? Has anyone been refused a spousal visa appeal before? What did ye do? Were ye able to still get into the country? Should I make a new application? The last one took 6 months to be decided. It would be mid next year by the time that would be decided again. The situation as some of you may be aware in Venezuela is now dire, and my wife does fear for her life or that she will be stuck there forever and we cannot be together. Can anyone please help or advise us on what to do? I am soo confused and have no idea what to do now.

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Spousal visa Appeal Rejected. Now what? Urgent

Post by Zoot7 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:15 pm

Are you Irish?

I don't know why they'd suggest that there's no evidence of prior meeting if you've supplied photos together. Generally the more you supply the better - stamps on your passport to prove entry/exit from your wife's country, airline tickets, photographs together & together with your families (if possible), hotel bookings while in her country with both your names, even letters from your employer saying you took holidays at that time too etc.

Did you get married in Venezuela? I wasn't aware you could get married in Ireland if you're already married elsewhere.

There aren't many options now that your appeal has been rejected, all you can really do is lodge another application. I guess the best course of action would be to talk to your local TD.

There has been stories of people who had success approaching TD's with spousal visa issues but as ever, your mileage may vary.
Old Thread - ireland/im-filipino-and-my-husband-is-i ... 10938.html