ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

To Uyen
Newly Registered

Form MN1

Post by To Uyen » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:41 am

Dear Immigration and Citizenship,

I am now filling the form MN1 to apply British Citizenship for my son 7 year old borned outside UK. My son current is Vietnamese, his father is British. I am wondering the birth certificate which issued with father name was after my son 1 year old but we had the confirmation letter from Justice Department to confirmed that he was the father of my son issued after first his birthday 1 month. I am single Mum so is this possible for me to apply it without father? As his father doesnt want to apply it for him. I was applied for my son British passport but unsuccessful as his birth certificate with father name issued after my son full one year old.

Please help to advise me as I am stuck dont know what to do! And those docs are enough to apply for become British Citizenship.

Thanks you very much and I hope will get the advise soon.

Regards,

To Uyen

JAJ
Australia

Re: Form MN1

Post by JAJ » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:38 am

Is there a need to fill out form MN1? Where was the father born?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.

To Uyen
Newly Registered

Post by To Uyen » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

I filled the form. His father borned in Wolverhampton.

About the referee I have only one is British Citizen but also not professional, he is working here same with my company. The other is this possible to fill with the other nationality but non professional as well. The director of tourist company - Australian.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

To Uyen

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 pm

If the father is British otherwise than by descent (which seems to be the case), then there is no need to register the child as the child is already British.

To Uyen
Newly Registered

Post by To Uyen » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:03 pm

I did applied for British passport but failed as the child's birth certificate issued after his first birthday and HMPO suggested me to apply for British Citizenship first then re-apply for passport.

Ian101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ian101 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:21 am

Hi Uyen,
We're you successful on gaining citizenship for your child? I'm in a similar situation regarding the Birth certificate. I was refused a passport for my child and they suggested going for nationality first. I'm going to try reapplying for the passport but with a DNA certificate this time. My name is not on the official birth certificate at all, only the hospital one.
My child should get automatic citizen by desent as i was born in the UK.

Ian

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:22 am

Ian101 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:20 am
Hi Uyen,
We're you successful on gaining citizenship for your child? I'm in a similar situation regarding the Birth certificate. I was refused a passport for my child and they suggested going for nationality first. I'm going to try reapplying for the passport but with a DNA certificate this time. My name is not on the official birth certificate at all, only the hospital one.
My child should get automatic citizen by desent as i was born in the UK.

Ian
The user has not logged into the forum for a year.

Also please continue in your topic where vinny has provided the relevant links for you.

british-citizenship/mn1-form-t258923.html#p1669128
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.