ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residance....??? Please help..What all documents ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

perm_res_01
Newly Registered

Permanent residance....??? Please help..What all documents ?

Post by perm_res_01 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:26 pm

Guys,

I am working in the UK for last 5 years. but I was employed by a Outsourcing company , so I donot have any P60 or tax proof..

Will I be eligible for PR..???
Last edited by perm_res_01 on Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:16 am, edited 4 times in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Permanent residance....???

Post by Wanderer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:54 pm

perm_res_01 wrote:Guys,

I am working in the UK for last 5 years. but I was employed by a Outsourcing company , so I donot have any P60 or tax proof..

Will I be eligible for PR..??
Do u have any payslips or bank statements to show the amounts going in?. Sounds like one of these weird Indian payment schemes that seem to avoid UK tax complete. Did I say 'avoid'?, I mean 'evade'....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:08 pm

Were you on WP or HSMP?

perm_res_01
Newly Registered

Post by perm_res_01 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:05 pm

WP holder

[quote="paulp"]Were you on WP or HSMP?[/quote]

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:10 pm

perm_res_01 wrote:WP holder

paulp wrote:Were you on WP or HSMP?
Isn't there something dodgy about working for an outsourcing company on a WP?

JAJ
Australia

Re: Permanent residance....???

Post by JAJ » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:38 pm

perm_res_01 wrote:Guys,

You should still have tax documents.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:23 am

paulp wrote:
perm_res_01 wrote:WP holder

paulp wrote:Were you on WP or HSMP?
Isn't there something dodgy about working for an outsourcing company on a WP?
most offshore companies do outsourcing and there is nothing dodgy about it

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:28 am

olisun wrote:most offshore companies do outsourcing and there is nothing dodgy about it
Ok, this is not my forte. But it did sound very much like bodyshopping. So, a UK company that gives a work permit and places the "employee" permanently on the site of another company is illegal. But a foreign company can do that?

TinTinTin

Post by TinTinTin » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:47 am

Do you have pay-slips / bank-statements ? I dont think while applying for ILR they insist on whether you've paid tax or not !. I applied a while back and they asked for only payslips and bank statements of the recent 3 months.
Chk the relevant ILR application form for the kindaa proof they ask for !

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:01 am

paulp wrote:
olisun wrote:most offshore companies do outsourcing and there is nothing dodgy about it
Ok, this is not my forte. But it did sound very much like bodyshopping. So, a UK company that gives a work permit and places the "employee" permanently on the site of another company is illegal. But a foreign company can do that?
The way the offshore companies operate is, they sign the contract for the project with the UK client, do some work offshore and then relocate the resource onsite at the client's place for the "implementation" of the project...

The resource is paid "allowance" for the duration he is onsite and he is NOT placed permanently at the clients place...

If a UK company tries to do the same, they have to justify why do they need to a candidate from offshore when the same job can be done by somebody from within the EU...

You can call it a loophole or whatever...

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:22 am

And there always needs to be evidence that tax is paid somewhere, either in the UK or overseas.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

perm_res_01
Newly Registered

Post by perm_res_01 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:09 am

VictoriaS wrote:And there always needs to be evidence that tax is paid somewhere, either in the UK or overseas.

Victoria
I checked ILR form..only proof they asking is
I have get letter from employer saying I am working with them & I am still needed for their work. I could not see any other proof they asking.
I have bank statements showing salary payments..

perm_res_01
Newly Registered

Post by perm_res_01 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:12 am

TinTinTin wrote:Do you have pay-slips / bank-statements ? I dont think while applying for ILR they insist on whether you've paid tax or not !. I applied a while back and they asked for only payslips and bank statements of the recent 3 months.
Yes...I do have...Do I have any thing else to show..???I have bank statements showing salary payments will that be enough..??

In ILR form they are not talking abt salary slips...Only info they ask is I ahave to prove that I am still working with them , also I am still needed for them..

What kinds of proof you provided..??/ILR form & 3 bank statements..???
Now a days pay slips are done in email...So i donot have any playslip as such

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:21 am

The "no tax" rule for offshore companies is only for two years. If you stay beyond that you are considered a UK employee and you are liable to pay tax as per your salary. I would say you need to ask them(employer) for your P60. i wonder if the HO is going to approve your ILR application only on the basis of bank stmts.

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:50 am

perm_res_01 wrote:
TinTinTin wrote:Do you have pay-slips / bank-statements ? I dont think while applying for ILR they insist on whether you've paid tax or not !. I applied a while back and they asked for only payslips and bank statements of the recent 3 months.
Yes...I do have...Do I have any thing else to show..???I have bank statements showing salary payments will that be enough..??

In ILR form they are not talking abt salary slips...Only info they ask is I ahave to prove that I am still working with them , also I am still needed for them..

What kinds of proof you provided..??/ILR form & 3 bank statements..???
Now a days pay slips are done in email...So i donot have any playslip as such
Sounds very dodgy..On what basis was your WP approved?