ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting married in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rakesh2301
Newly Registered

Getting married in Ireland

Post by Rakesh2301 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi All,

I am an Indian National working in Ireland. My future wife is also an Indian National working in UK. We are getting married in Ireland and for that purpose I have got to register at the Civil Registration Service for an appointment.

We both have been asked to submit "certificate of impediment status". I did check with the Indian High Commission in Dublin. They said my Passport itself is a proof of being single or married as it states this information on the last page of the passport, however the Civil Registration Service requires a separate document confirming I am single. Indian high commission doesn't issue this kind of document.

On my trip to India last week, I failed to find this kind of document.. may be the Indian Govt. does not issue these kind of documents.

Please advise where i can get this document, me being in Ireland.

usmanch313

Re: Getting married in Ireland

Post by usmanch313 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:22 am

I think you Can get this Docs Local municipal office or any where in India where you registered marriages I think these departments able to provide unmarried certificate.

together_2017
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Getting married in Ireland

Post by together_2017 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:17 am

Yup thts right local municipal can provide
- no marriage certificate
- single certificate

These kind of they do provide just get attested later on with ur foreign affairs dept as well and ur good.
My few indian fellas did the same they got their single marriage cert easily back frm country.

GL