ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

StelaLena
Newly Registered

Citizenship

Post by StelaLena » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi all,

I came to Ireland as EU spouse and I got GNIB card and STAMP 4. Before that, I had some other visas (C-short stay) for 8 months period. Can I just apply for Irish citizenship after 5 years or do I need to apply to extend my STAMP 4 also?

If I need to apply to extend my STAMP 4, which documents do I need? The same like the first time? Because now I don't have my husband's payslips anymore because he doesn't work and we live from my salary but we didn't notify immigration about it and we don't receive any social welfare.

The same question is for citizenship application, do they check my husband job history for 5 years?

Thank you

pukon_check

Re: Citizenship

Post by pukon_check » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:14 am

Hi
if you are currently having a stamp 4 based on ur spouse..after completing your 5 years in the state you need to apply for permanent residency..then again you need to fallout eu-3 form..
its better if your husband works but you are in better situation that both of you are not having any social..
on the other hand as long as the base of the relation is concrete you should not have any issue..
after 5 years completing your stamp 4 u can apply for your permanent residency EU-3 Form and U can apply for citizenship EU-8 too..
hope this info helps
cheers

StelaLena
Newly Registered

Post by StelaLena » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:20 pm

Thank you for your reply. I am just interested in will they ask for his payslips when I apply for citizenship and permanent residency or not?

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:19 pm

If u see eu3 form for permanent residency
It's says what u need to submit,in ur case ur hubi is not working so provide ur pays slips and p60 instead and mention why he is not working.also don't forget to mention that he is not on social and ur income supporting both..
And for citizenship form it's all about you..
Nothing about ur spouse and yes you have provide ur p60s as well job contract letter and payslips too
It says in eu8 form what u need to submit..
Hope it helps

StelaLena
Newly Registered

Post by StelaLena » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:31 pm

Thank you very much for the clarification. Just one more thing, please. Can I apply just for citizenship (like you said it if it is all documents just about me) or do I need to apply for permanent residence first?

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:47 am

the Fact is ..citizenship has nothing do with permanent residency..
once you have passed 60 months or 5 years full residency you are eligible to apply for your
citizenship application..
now citizenship division will ask for ur current visa status if the visa gets expired while they process ur application..
to given you fact that many people think GNIB and citizenship work together and have access to their system..
To be on the safe side app ly for both in a same time because once you applied you dont know when u going to recive your
approval for citizenship..
and citizenship is not a rights its previlidge..
now a days citizenship department knows which visa u are holding and they wana see if u can extend ur visa or not..
if u know what i mean
hope its helps

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:14 am

you need to understand citizenship you may get or not or it might be very long time AS you know people are waiting for it sometimes few years ..
but ususlly it should take not more than 6 months..
so have to have your visa updated on your GNIB or else you could lose your Job or you cant tavel..
best way think is once you apply for citizenship its a wait and see game..you can chase them only some extend.. as its not your rights..
Its always better have your own visa updated for your sake of activity in this state..
and if citizenship divion ask for update u can give it them straightaway..
Hope all this makes sense to you..
Good luck your application..
write us back here if you need any info..
becasue I did apply eu-3 as well eu-8 and they came out successful in very short time..
my permanent residecy took only 2 weeks to get it..
and my irish citizenship exactly 6 months..
not every cases are same..remember that

good luck to you

StelaLena
Newly Registered

Post by StelaLena » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Thank you very much for all your help, pukon_check.