ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What'sapp log help please?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pce950

What'sapp log help please?

Post by pce950 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:45 am

I'm due to apply for my spouse visa soon and just wanted to ask about whatsapp chat. Over the last year or so my main method of communication with my wife has been through whatsapp messaging with a few calls through whatsapp also. It's been difficult to call her during the week due to differences in time zones and being at work so therefore due to this our main communication form after marriage has been whatsapp messaging rather than whatsapp calling. So it's predominantly WhatsApp messaging.

Would this be ok ?and do i need to screenshot the entire chat history including some personal intimate messages between us or do I just print out a log of the conversation (which WhatsApp creates and you email to your pc via word format then print.)

Would really appreciate your advice?

Thanks

b4r1786

Re: What'sapp log help please?

Post by b4r1786 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:59 pm

You will need to make screenshots. I had a friend who applied for a spouse visa. He printed out the full chat history. There is an option to email the full chat history to an email of your choosing in Whatsapp.

He got rejected because it was just a transcript.

I would say that you should take screenshots of messages and MAKE SURE you include EACH DATE you have message each other. This is visible in your whatsapp chat history.

Also don't delete messages as they may argue that the messages don't make sense.

I AM NOT A LEGALLY QUALIFIED. PLEASE TAKE ADVICE FROM AN IMMIGRATION ADVISER IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS.

pce950

Post by pce950 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:17 pm

Thanks

So I should print both a chat long and screenshots?

This will mean alot of screenshots etc and many pages of printing? Does it have to be in colour?

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:01 pm

From my own personal experience, I just supplied the whatsapp chat log, the one that is emailed to you as you said. Did not include any whatsapp screenshots. Visa was granted.

Though I have also come across people on this and other forums and Facebook groups who submitted just the chat log and got rejected.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.