ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation documents for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nehahsoni
Newly Registered

Cohabitation documents for ILR

Post by Nehahsoni » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Hello
My husband is the main applicant for ILR and I am applying as his dependent. What all documents can I show as proof of cohabitation and my qualifying period starts from September 2012. So do we need to show documents from 2012 or only for last two years that is from 2015?
I have yearly council tax bill showing both our names dated march 2012, march 2013, march 2014 , march 2015 , march 2016 and march 2017.
Plus I have other utility bills in my name alone. We have mortgage statement on my husbands name. I can provide print outs of joint account bank statement also ( too late to ask the bank for original although still submitting the latest original bank statement) .
Will these be enough?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Cohabitation documents for ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:06 pm

Last two years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hola2015

Post by Hola2015 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:17 pm

Nehahsoni wrote:Hello
My husband is the main applicant for ILR and I am applying as his dependent. What all documents can I show as proof of cohabitation and my qualifying period starts from September 2012. So do we need to show documents from 2012 or only for last two years that is from 2015?
I have yearly council tax bill showing both our names dated march 2012, march 2013, march 2014 , march 2015 , march 2016 and march 2017.
Plus I have other utility bills in my name alone. We have mortgage statement on my husbands name. I can provide print outs of joint account bank statement also ( too late to ask the bank for original although still submitting the latest original bank statement) .
Will these be enough?
Thanks
In addition to the answer from CR001, you can show any of the following documents as evidence of co-habitation as long as the address is the same as that of your husband
Bank statements
Voter registration cards
Utility bills
Council tax document
GP/NHS letter
Even past letters from HO etc

Nehahsoni
Newly Registered

Post by Nehahsoni » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:20 pm

Hola2015 wrote:
Nehahsoni wrote:Hello
Will these be enough?
Thanks
In addition to the answer from CR001, you can show any of the following documents as evidence of co-habitation as long as the address is the same as that of your husband
Bank statements
Voter registration cards
Utility bills
Council tax document
GP/NHS letter
Even past letters from HO etc
Thanks a lot. As I receive online credit card statement and utility bills can the printouts be provided?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:21 pm

Online for utility, yes.

Online for credit card, no.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nehahsoni
Newly Registered

Post by Nehahsoni » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:17 pm

CR001 wrote:Online for utility, yes.

Online for credit card, no.
Thank you for the help