ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP is taking too long

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alexkowalski87
Mood:
Bulgaria

EEA FP is taking too long

Post by Alexkowalski87 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:24 pm

Hi,

I submitted my EEA family permit application in Istanbul on 1st of August. I thought of our case to be a very straight forward one and was expecting an outcome within 15 days as that is also what i was told while submitting the application.

I received a standard email on 7th of Aug from Sheffield visa section that they have received our application.

I then received another standard email on 17th of Aug stating:
"We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days ....
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible...."

Now, I've read some forums where people did not get their visa for 99 days. Unbelievable!

Are there any other EEA family (spouse) permit applicants out there who had to wait longer than this or is it just me?

Thanks.

vickyp
Newly Registered
Portugal

Re: EEA FP is taking too long

Post by vickyp » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:34 pm

hello Alex,
have you got any updates regarding your visa application? have you got the visa or any email for fco UK?

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:37 pm

Is the home office delaying all visas or just the EEA family permit? Or just visas under european law?

Arek
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by Arek » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:08 pm

hi Alex
the same story here
My wife applied 07 August from Manila
by the end of third week she received email stating 'the processing of your application has not been straightforward'
9 weeks later we still have no decision :(

machara28
Newly Registered
Georgia

Post by machara28 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:10 pm

how many the maximum time to the answer to eea family permit?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:23 pm

machara28 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:10 pm
how many the maximum time to the answer to eea family permit?
Can you please read the forum rules and stop tagging your single line question onto every topic you find. Start your own topic with your questions and circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

machara28
Newly Registered
Georgia

Post by machara28 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:25 pm

leave your councils for yourself

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:36 pm

machara28 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:25 pm
leave your councils for yourself
After 3 posts on the forum, you don't appear to have read the Board Ts&Cs (as you were required to do on registering) or in fact fully comprehend the role of the forum Moderators. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.