ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Enrolment and Reference

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anneuk1978
Newly Registered

Biometric Enrolment and Reference

Post by anneuk1978 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:12 am

Hi.

I have filled in my application for British citizenship.
Ready to send. I have two question:

1. My references it, one professional engineer and one GP surgery manager, both British. Is that good enough?

2. I am from EU. Do I still need to have my Biometric taken and when will that happen.

Thank you all.

Anne xx

eryilmazhilmi
Mood:
Turkey

Re: Biometric Enrolment and Reference

Post by eryilmazhilmi » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:32 am

References sound fine

Every application has Biometrics done. You will receive your letter to go and register your biometrics at a post office which does the biometrics local to you , usually this letter is sent within about 2 weeks of receiving your application

zapzap

Post by zapzap » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:26 pm

As long as your referee is an chartered engineer it should be ok. The other one is British so it will be alright

Chaska
Newly Registered

Post by Chaska » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi,
I am applying for British naturalization next October, do I need to get my biometrics taken again in the post office? even if I have already my Biometric resident card and had taken my biometric in 2013 and I hold an ILR.?
many thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:00 pm

Chaska wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:59 pm
Hi,
I am applying for British naturalization next October, do I need to get my biometrics taken again in the post office? even if I have already my Biometric resident card and had taken my biometric in 2013 and I hold an ILR.?
many thanks,
Yes you will need to enroll your biometrics again regardless of how many times you have submitted them in the past.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.