ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to Tier 2 with notice period

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maylow
Newly Registered

Tier 2 to Tier 2 with notice period

Post by maylow » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:54 am

Hi,

I'm really stressed up at the moment and I hope you can help me..

My current employer require me to give 3 months' notice.

My new employer have applied for CoS 18/7/17 with a start date of 9/10/17

At first I wanted to wait for my visa to be approved before serving my notice however when I realised the start date (and after reading a few posts here). I handed it my notice as soon as I can. so now my last day at work will be 5th November...

I felt like I've landed myself in serious trouble because I'll essentially be working with my current employer for 1 month but my new employment start date (according to CoS) is 9/10/17.

Will I be able to get around it if both employment is the same SOC code?

I would appreciate if you can advise me on this ...please... :cry: :cry:

Thanks,
May

firecube
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 to Tier 2 with notice period

Post by firecube » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:15 am

Frankly if I were you I would not have panicked and resigned in the first place- If there is any issue with the visa eg. a problem with the RLMT you are in a world of trouble. (let's hope for the best though)

I would say forget about his old employer your quiting - unless you feel some compelling loyalty to them (I say this as I'm quiting my job today)

2 options:

1)You can always delay your start date for up to 28 days which would take you to Nov 6 or so (just have to put a note on the CoS

2)Say goodbye to your current employer you are leaving by your start date - Oct 9. Forget about the 3-month notice period which is ridiculous and probably not enforceable (see link below). I've never had a notice period longer than a month.

http://www.jobsite.co.uk/worklife/notic ... red-10523/

Same SOC code has no relevance as difference employers and therefore new CoS

maylow
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 to Tier 2 with notice period

Post by maylow » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:53 am

Hi firecube,

Thank you for your reply.

May I ask you about option 1? How do you go about doing that? Is this something that my new employer can help me with?

The problem is, I've already applied for my visa through post using the CoS given because I can't afford to pay for premium service.

Thank you

May