ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick question regarding naturalization

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guli
Newly Registered

Quick question regarding naturalization

Post by guli » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:26 pm

Hi ya all,

I would appreciate your help and expertise. I am an ILR holder for ages and seeing the recent development with naturalisation rules, I plan to apply for naturalisation as soon as possible.

My wife has a spouse visa, which she will meet the requirements for ILR via SET (M) in June 2008. She has been in the UK legally in other capacity for the past eight years continuously (no gaps).

My question is, once she has obtained her ILR (via SET(M)) in June 2008, when is the earliest that we could submit our joint application for naturalisation together? Does she need to wait for 12 months of restriction free residence in the UK, if we were to submit it together?

I'm just trying to save some fees via a joint application.

Thanks

Worried-ILR-holder

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:21 pm

If you're not a british citizen at the time of application, she won't be able to use the exemption for 1 year of ILR.