ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU/EEA citizen and British Citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Confused 1
Newly Registered

Non EU/EEA citizen and British Citizen

Post by Confused 1 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:40 pm

Greetings all

New to this forum and my first post. I am a British citizen and my wife is non EEA/EU.

Having read through a few websites, she can apply for a short stay visa to Ireland. I also read that this visa is free?

Has anyone got a sample declaration letter, she needs to submit?

Once she gets her visa, I will go Ireland and pick her up at the airport or travel with her. Too soon for me to move to Ireland at this point.

Please help..

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Non EU/EEA citizen and British Citizen

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:50 am

Not free.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Confused 1
Newly Registered

Post by Confused 1 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:59 pm

If someone can help me and guide me, I am happy to pay for their service.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:39 pm

Confused 1 wrote:If someone can help me and guide me, I am happy to pay for their service.
AIUI you are in UK, your wife in Morocco you aren't exercising a treaty right it appears so not considered an EU citizen for immigration purposes so EEA permit not applicable.

Also as your wife intends to travel to Ireland ahead of you she can only apply for an Ireland Tourist visa as Ireland, like the UK is not in the Schengen zone.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Spouse123456
Newly Registered

Post by Spouse123456 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi Can some one help me,
sorry i cant find the post button only reply to thread.

I have recently had my immigration tribunal hearing dismissed and currently an waiting upper trier tribunal waiting a court slot.
I want to know if as a UK citizen i can go to live in Ireland and exercise treaty rights for my african spouse to join me to live there. Am i better just to apply to exercise treaty rights than a visitor visa at first?

What are my chances for refusal with the sharing of information.
if anyone can advise me i would be very appreciative as we have been separated now for 3 years and just want to be together somewhere safe.

their whole reason for dismissal was that they dont trust my husbands intent to to stay with me even though we have now been together 5 1/2 years.

HappyKai
Newly Registered

Post by HappyKai » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:37 pm

Read the EU directive 2004/38/EC. It only applies if you are moving to Ireland or another EU country. You can live with you spouse for more than 12 weeks then return to the UK and apply under the Surinder Singh route. I would advise you stay at least 1 year in the EU country. However, visas to Ireland are taking a long time to process: 1-2 years.