ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporary stamp 4 Working Hours and DOJ Notification

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Malik10991
Mood:
Ireland

Temporary stamp 4 Working Hours and DOJ Notification

Post by Malik10991 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:02 am

Hi Ladies & Gentlemen,
I would like to ask for your expert advice on two matters of importance here one of which is maybe least discussed as I was unable to find anything on this one so it is as follows:
"I have a temporary stamp 4 and have recently started working but I was told by my employer that, on a stamp 4 I'm not allowed to work more than 40 hours a week".
I tried to do a bit of research but cannot find any adequate answer to this as the regulations say that"NON EU family members of EU nationals enjoy the same rights as their EU partner" and i assume that, EU nationals are not bound by law to do certain hours, so if what is being said is true then, why am I being subjected to this limitation?
Secondly, a common question shall i let DOJ INIS know that, I'm currently working as supposedly it is a change in circumstances.
However, on the acknowledgement letter it only mentions that you should let us know if you have moved residence or your relationship with EU sponsor has changed.
Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to hear back from you all soon.
Many thanks :)

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Temporary stamp 4 Working Hours and DOJ Notification

Post by broli » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:33 am

Hi

change of circumstance is about EU citizen activities and relationship.

If you change jobs it changes nothing unless EU citizen is student or self sufficient
stamp 4 I'm not allowed to work more than 40 hours a week". There's no restriction on stamp 4 lol :mrgreen: is 40 hours a week not enough for you ? it's called full time job here

dupalsky

Post by dupalsky » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:50 am

Hi,

You already they "nail on the head", so to speak. NON EU family members of EU nationals enjoy the same rights as their EU partner.

Once you are married to an EU national, you automatically enjoy the same right as he or she does. Stamp is basically a formality.

Your employer is wrong. You are allowed to work full time(40 hours) per week with stamp 4. May I point out to you that e.g stamp 4 is also the permit giving to non-eu parents with Irish born babies and they are all working.

The temporary stamp is necessary and is issued to you as your application takes months to be processed, therefore, they need you to stay legal and contribute to the economy while you wait. Stamp 4 and Stamp 4eufam, gives you the exact same right in the country, except when it comes to traveling in and out of the country. With stamp4eufam, you do not need a re-entry visa to travel out. Also you could travel to any eu country to join you eu spouse(note: your eu spouse has to already be physically their and you are traveling to join him or her). Where as stamp 4 you will need visa for these scenarios.

All resident of the state is subjected the same rule. Everyone, whether you a citizen, eu or non-eu, you are mandated to work at a maximum of 40hr per week. The law was put in place to discourage exploitation and improve health and safety. It has nothing to do with whether you are eu, Irish or non-eu.

You don't need to notify DOJ about getting or loosing employment. The only you notify the is as you stated already.

Dupalsky

Malik10991
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Malik10991 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:59 am

broli wrote:Hi

change of circumstance is about EU citizen activities and relationship.

If you change jobs it changes nothing unless EU citizen is student or self sufficient
stamp 4 I'm not allowed to work more than 40 hours a week". There's no restriction on stamp 4 lol :mrgreen: is 40 hours a week not enough for you ? it's called full time job here
Thanks a Million broli yeh i know but I have two jobs so i kind of was willing to get rid of one and start the other one employer didn't mention anything about 40 hours restriction the other one did so it confused me a bit. But thanks once again for clarification :)

Malik10991
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Malik10991 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:02 am

dupalsky wrote:Hi,

You already they "nail on the head", so to speak. NON EU family members of EU nationals enjoy the same rights as their EU partner.

Once you are married to an EU national, you automatically enjoy the same right as he or she does. Stamp is basically a formality.

Your employer is wrong. You are allowed to work full time(40 hours) per week with stamp 4. May I point out to you that e.g stamp 4 is also the permit giving to non-eu parents with Irish born babies and they are all working.

The temporary stamp is necessary and is issued to you as your application takes months to be processed, therefore, they need you to stay legal and contribute to the economy while you wait. Stamp 4 and Stamp 4eufam, gives you the exact same right in the country, except when it comes to traveling in and out of the country. With stamp4eufam, you do not need a re-entry visa to travel out. Also you could travel to any eu country to join you eu spouse(note: your eu spouse has to already be physically their and you are traveling to join him or her). Where as stamp 4 you will need visa for these scenarios.

All resident of the state is subjected the same rule. Everyone, whether you a citizen, eu or non-eu, you are mandated to work at a maximum of 40hr per week. The law was put in place to discourage exploitation and improve health and safety. It has nothing to do with whether you are eu, Irish or non-eu.

You don't need to notify DOJ about getting or loosing employment. The only you notify the is as you stated already.

Dupalsky
Dear Dupalsky
Thanks ever so much for a very detailed reply. This has clarified many ambiguities. Much needed reply.
Thanks once again :)