ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which visa status ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drdan123
Newly Registered

Which visa status ?

Post by drdan123 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:22 am

hi all ;

Which visa status is better ?
Is HSMP better than WP ? As I have seen many people trying to change their status from WP to HSMP ?
In what sense HSMP is better that WP ? Because what I know is, on WP you get 5 years stay straight away. Whereas on HSMP , you get 2 years first , and then after 2 years you have to apply for further 3 years extension of HSMP before you apply for ILR.

(i am fairly new to these forums. I apologise for any mistakes i do in asking questions)

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:45 am

A Work Permit is specific to one employer, unlike HSMP.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.