ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (Long residence), old passport lost

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gcdiwan
Newly Registered
India

ILR (Long residence), old passport lost

Post by gcdiwan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi

My old passport (Indian) and BRP (Tier 4) were lost when I was in India (2014). I applied for a fresh passport and came to the UK on a new Tier 2 Visa. I am now preparing for making the ILR-long residence application. I believe the sections C4-C10 in the SET (LR) application form correspond to the current/valid passport and BRP.

I see that in "Section 4 Documents", the SET (LR) form says you need to submit "All the passports you have held during this time" followed by a list of documents in case it is not possible to provide the passport(s).

Questions:

1) I have photocopies of my lost passport and BRP, should I attach them with the application?
2) I also have a copy of a complaint I had filed with the local police in India for the lost passport. The problem is that document is in local language :( . Would it be absolutely necessary to get that document translated? I am under impression that a copy of the complaint filed with the police will be required only if current passport/travel document are lost.
3) I plan to attach the letters from my university, previous employer, council tax bills, letting agents etc. stating/confirming my stay for my time in the UK. Would it be necessary to write a covering letter as well to explain my case and why all these documents are being attached?
4) Does any one have a similar experience? Based on my specific case, would there be any additional documents needed apart from those mentioned in the SET(LR) list. And finally, would you recommend going to an immigration lawyer to get the documents and the application checked?

Many thanks in advance for any helpful comments/suggestions.

siddpaturi
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR (Long residence), old passport lost

Post by siddpaturi » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:11 pm

Hi gcdiwan

Just wondering how was your experience?

I am applying for ILR - Long residency at premium service counter in Croydon and I have lost my previous passport. I am trying to collect as much paper work as possible to prove my employment with my previous employers, pay slips, Bills etc...

Thanks

U777
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by U777 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi Siddpaturi,
Can you give update on the application what were the results as i have same problem i have lost my previous passport and no accurate record i have for my absences can you share your expierence

What ho asked from you ?
What documents you submitted to prove your absences

Thanks

msohaib25
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by msohaib25 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:37 pm

Hi Siddpaturi,

Yes please if you can share your experience i am in the same situation recently lost previous passport and the current one is valid since feb 2014

How did you prove your absence ?

and what other documents you attached to cover that lost passport period?

Did you file crime report for the lost passport?

Would appreciate your help

Regards
sohaib

gcdiwan
Newly Registered
India

Post by gcdiwan » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi
I noticed there was a gap in my stay in the UK and so was not able to apply this time. Will have to wait longer to complete the stipulated the time period and then apply.
Good luck!
siddpaturi wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:11 pm
Hi gcdiwan

Just wondering how was your experience?

I am applying for ILR - Long residency at premium service counter in Croydon and I have lost my previous passport. I am trying to collect as much paper work as possible to prove my employment with my previous employers, pay slips, Bills etc...

Thanks