ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Insurance for a EEA family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anastasialomonovich
Newly Registered

Insurance for a EEA family member

Post by anastasialomonovich » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi all

I have been recently refused a family permit on the ground that my husband (EEA member, studying and living in the UK) does not hold a comprehensive health insurance (actually he does and it was submitted with all the other documents).

One of the paragraphs from The Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 that the clearance officer refers to it in his refusal:

"(b) the requirement for the student or self-sufficient person to have comprehensive sickness insurance cover in the United Kingdom is only satisfied if such cover extends to cover both the student or self-sufficient person and all their relevant family members. "

My question is - in case I provide my own insurance, obtained in Russia, covering me in the UK - would it be all right? Or is it essential that my husband's medical cover includes me?

Thank you in advance,
Anastasia