ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am applying from Pakistan

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ikramjunaid009
Newly Registered
Pakistan

I am applying from Pakistan

Post by ikramjunaid009 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:53 pm

Good afternoon,

I am looking to apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa on a £50,000 route. On the Gov.uk website, it says;

You can also apply if you’ve already invested £50,000 in a UK business. You must have invested the funds less than 12 months before you apply.

My questions are as follows;
  • I have never been to UK. Still I am able to register a Limited company in the UK which I have confirmed from an accountant in the UK. My question is, I do not have a bank account in the UK under my name. How would I transfer this £50,000 to a UK bank account?
  • I have a friend in the UK, can I transfer this amount to his account with a reference as my investment to proof to the UK Home Office that I have invested £50,000 within an year and then apply for this visa?
Knowing my situation, what could you advise me. Also, as I believe, can I use my own investment from Pakistan to use and then transfer this amount from Pakistan to UK and then invest it into my business (but I do not have a UK bank account!)

Please help. Thank you

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: I am applying from Pakistan

Post by marcnath » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Read the guidelines properly.

Also have a look at a number of others who have asked very similar questions.

The 50K route has quite a demanding requirement - it is not available to you to use your own money.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

schahzeb
United Kingdom

Post by schahzeb » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:42 pm

You can use bank account from Pakistan where you have access to £200,000 and once you have moved to UK and opened a bank account you can then transfer these funds from Pak to UK.

ikramjunaid009 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:53 pm
Good afternoon,

I am looking to apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa on a £50,000 route. On the Gov.uk website, it says;

You can also apply if you’ve already invested £50,000 in a UK business. You must have invested the funds less than 12 months before you apply.

My questions are as follows;
  • I have never been to UK. Still I am able to register a Limited company in the UK which I have confirmed from an accountant in the UK. My question is, I do not have a bank account in the UK under my name. How would I transfer this £50,000 to a UK bank account?
  • I have a friend in the UK, can I transfer this amount to his account with a reference as my investment to proof to the UK Home Office that I have invested £50,000 within an year and then apply for this visa?
Knowing my situation, what could you advise me. Also, as I believe, can I use my own investment from Pakistan to use and then transfer this amount from Pakistan to UK and then invest it into my business (but I do not have a UK bank account!)

Please help. Thank you

ikramjunaid009
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ikramjunaid009 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:49 pm

marcnath wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:10 pm

The 50K route has quite a demanding requirement - it is not available to you to use your own money.
Hi Marcnath. Thank you very much for the quick feedback.

While I ll be in Pakistan, I would have to show that I have invested into UK. So, can I not use my own money for this purpose?

It is not cleared from the guidelines

thank you

ikramjunaid009
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ikramjunaid009 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:23 pm

marcnath wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Page 11 of the Application form says;

£50,000 from sources other than a seed fund or UK Government
Department and switching from the Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) route if you
have been continuously engaged in business activity since before 11 July
2014 and up to the date of your application.

Then on Page 27 of the application says;

access to not less than £50,000 of your own funds or funds from a venture capital firm and previously held leave as a Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) migrant, and since before 11 July 2014
and up to the date of your application you have been continuously engaged in business
activity, either as registered self-employed or director, in an occupation at degree level (group
d).

Page 28 says;

access to not less than £200,000 of your own funds or £50,000 from a venture capital firm and previously held leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and have been in continuous
business activity since before 6 April 2015 (group d).

I found myself to be in Group D if I have to use my own funds for entry clearance.

Can you please enlighten me on this.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:27 pm

ikramjunaid009 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:23 pm

access to not less than £50,000 of your own funds or funds from a venture capital firm and previously held leave as a Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) migrant, and since before 11 July 2014
and up to the date of your application you have been continuously engaged in business

activity, either as registered self-employed or director, in an occupation at degree level (group
d).

Page 28 says;

access to not less than £200,000 of your own funds or £50,000 from a venture capital firm and previously held leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and have been in continuous

I found myself to be in Group D if I have to use my own funds for entry clearance.

Thank you
You are being selective in what you are reading. The WHOLE paragraph must apply. It is not OR but AND held xy visa as highlighted in red.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ikramjunaid009
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ikramjunaid009 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:27 pm
ikramjunaid009 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:23 pm

d).

Page 28 says;

Thank you
You are being selective in what you are reading. The WHOLE paragraph must apply. It is not OR but AND held xy visa as highlighted in red.
This was very very descriptive and thank you very much for that. Please if you could tell me whether or not I can apply on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa Entry Clearance for a £50,000 route using my own investment from Pakistan? or it has to be £200,000 if I am relying on my own investment?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:39 pm

£200K own funds.

Unless you meet the very specific and stringent £50k route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:57 pm

My opinion is you will have a difficult time passing genuine entrepreneur test without ever visiting the UK (and of course doing local and real market research)

You can ask yourself also, how do you know you want to be a UK entrepreneur, having never been here?

If you just know you want to move to UK and just using the Ent route, as it is available, we have seen time and again on this forum failing to get the visa (and it is an expensive visa, with lots of work to fulfill requirements)

If you wish (we are all anonymous) to share your general business plans we can comment on them. If you want to open a kebab/corner/petrol shop you will (very likely) fail. If you want to come to the UK because of the world expertise here in nanoatomisation of anaerobic fossil fibers to develop your technology as a new solution for subatomic data distribution (based on our recent Phd in the field) you have a strong chance

In either case you must (IMO) visit here, do market research, build alliances etc

all the best of luck!