ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income threshold 12 months prior to application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

02psykes
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Income threshold 12 months prior to application

Post by 02psykes » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:51 pm

Dear all,

This is my first time posting here and I am feeling overwhelmed. Any help would be much appreciated.

I am a British citizen and my fiancee is Iranian. We are in Iran and expect to marry here in the next few weeks pending the necessary paperwork from the authorities. We have been together for two years: She has been in Tehran for a year and a half, me for a year, and for the past 6 months we have lived together with her parents.

I have just received a job offer in London, with a salary of £35,000, almost double the £18,600 required. My fiancee is a student in Tehran.

Reading the government's financial requirement appendix (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Final.pdf), I believe that as the sponsor I fall into Category B (returning to UK to take up a job offer). My concern is section 5.4.3., which says:
"the couple returning to the UK must in addition [to the financial requirement] have received in the 12 months prior to the date of application the level of income required to meet the financial requirement".

I am struggling to believe that I have correctly understood this. Of what relevance is my prior pay to my current ability to support myself and my wife, if I have a solid job offer?

Over the past 12 months I was a student abroad (in Turkey and Iran). I supported myself with a scholarship, my own savings and occasional casual work – but these would not come close to £18,600, and very little could be documented on paper – whilst, as mentioned, living with family.

Are recently graduated students really expected to have earned £18,600 in the past 12 months? The document I linked to above says nothing about students.

If anyone has any information about or experience of this, please do let me know.

sndp
Newly Registered

Re: Income threshold 12 months prior to application

Post by sndp » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:51 pm

02psykes wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:51 pm
Dear all,

This is my first time posting here and I am feeling overwhelmed. Any help would be much appreciated.

I am a British citizen and my fiancee is Iranian. We are in Iran and expect to marry here in the next few weeks pending the necessary paperwork from the authorities. We have been together for two years: She has been in Tehran for a year and a half, me for a year, and for the past 6 months we have lived together with her parents.

I have just received a job offer in London, with a salary of £35,000, almost double the £18,600 required. My fiancee is a student in Tehran.

Reading the government's financial requirement appendix (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Final.pdf), I believe that as the sponsor I fall into Category B (returning to UK to take up a job offer). My concern is section 5.4.3., which says:
"the couple returning to the UK must in addition [to the financial requirement] have received in the 12 months prior to the date of application the level of income required to meet the financial requirement".

I am struggling to believe that I have correctly understood this. Of what relevance is my prior pay to my current ability to support myself and my wife, if I have a solid job offer?

Over the past 12 months I was a student abroad (in Turkey and Iran). I supported myself with a scholarship, my own savings and occasional casual work – but these would not come close to £18,600, and very little could be documented on paper – whilst, as mentioned, living with family.

Are recently graduated students really expected to have earned £18,600 in the past 12 months? The document I linked to above says nothing about students.

If anyone has any information about or experience of this, please do let me know.
While your concern and logic is understandable, the rules are pretty clear in this aspect . Proof for 12 months prior income is mandatory.

metanoia
Pakistan

Re: Income threshold 12 months prior to application

Post by metanoia » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:25 pm

You can move to UK after your wedding ahead of your wife, work for 6 months and apply with 6 month payslips and bank statements
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18