ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK PR on the basis of Permanent Disability for non-EEA spouse

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yousuf2015
United Kingdom

UK PR on the basis of Permanent Disability for non-EEA spouse

Post by yousuf2015 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m sorry if this question has been asked before, I searched a lot but couldn’t find any thread. My situation is as below, please kindly advise:

My spouse is an EEA National (Belgian) and holds a PR document (issued in 2015), being in UK for more than a decade. We got married in 2014 outside UK, I came to the UK in 2014 after my marriage by EEA Family Permit. We have got 2 kids together, both born in the UK and are British National.

My spouse is having permanent physical disability since childhood and she is on DLA (PIP) since in the UK. My spouse is also self-employed for 16 hours a week and try to help towards house expenses. We have got doctor / medical history of the permanent disability because it’s since childhood. There is operations record etc. The UK doctors also acknowledge this as physical disability as it’s very obvious and my spouse can’t walk without help.

My question is; I am a non-EEA national and holds a UK Residence card (issued in 2015). I came to the UK in 2014 by EEA Family Permit. I saw online that if your spouse is permanently incapacitated / disabled that you can apply for PR earlier, regardless of 5 year time.

Please advise, if I am eligible for earlier apply for PR? And if yes than what documents I need to submit with my application? And chances of getting PR on the basis of my EEA spouse.

Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK PR on the basis of Permanent Disability for non-EEA spouse

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:58 pm

I saw online that if your spouse is permanently incapacitated / disabled that you can apply for PR earlier, regardless of 5 year time.
Where did you read that? Can you provide the link?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK PR on the basis of Permanent Disability for non-EEA spouse

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:00 pm

Can you please continue in your existing topic with the same question where you are already receiving advice. It is not necessary to start a new topic again.

eea-route-applications/uk-pr-on-the-bas ... l#p1503427
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.