ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residency

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

galatie

Permanent Residency

Post by galatie » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:28 am

Hi all,

Please help. I am a US citizen and married my Belgian husband in May 2012, we have been living together in the UK since, so already 5 years now. I have my EEA2, and would now like to apply for permanent residency. My husband has been working in the UK since October 2010, and got his PR last year.

Can anyone please tell me what form I should fill out? Can I fill out the online application? Is there anyway to get my application checked so that I can retain my passport to travel with? We are looking to fly home for Christmas and I will need my passport. I seem to remember that we used such a service when we applied for our baby sons British passport last year.

Many thanks!!!

ribena

Re: Permanent Residency

Post by ribena » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:50 am

Hi,
You need to fill in EEA4 form for PR.
Link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... orm-eea-pr

Application by post only for non EEA and you need to include your passport.

You can request for your passport to be returned but the return 'lead time' varies, gov site says it could take up to 10 working days.

:)

galatie

Post by galatie » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:43 pm

Thank you! Would it be detrimental at all to my application if I request my passport back to travel?

ribena

Post by ribena » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:24 pm

It shouldn't. I applied for my passport to be returned for work 3 months after I sent in my PR application (after I've done the biometric) and have received the PR card.

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:51 am

galatie wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:43 pm
Thank you! Would it be detrimental at all to my application if I request my passport back to travel?
Requesting your passport back has no impact on your application. I've done it for every application I've sent in so far (5 in total now). The "requesting your passport back terminates your application" warning you might hear is for applications under UK domestic immigration rules only.