ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got married during HSMP under process!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nanji
Newly Registered

Got married during HSMP under process!

Post by nanji » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:26 pm

Dear experts,

I belong to Pakistan. I applied for HSMP as a bachelor in July this year from Paris (where I was a student then). HSMP Team received app on 23rd July. Obviously haven't received any response as of yet. During this process, I got married i.e. approx. 15 days ago. I don't want to claim any points for my spouse's achievements. I just want her to accompany me to the UK if my HSMP is accepted.

Now do I need to inform the HSMP Team of my change in the marital status?. Also besides the marriage certificate and marriage photographs, what other docs I need to send them? Also which marriage certificate do they require? Will the english translation of the equivalent Pakistani Document work or is there some other special british document?

Experts and Moderators please reply promptly.

Best Regards,
nanji

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:26 pm

At this point you do not need to do anything. When your HSMP approval has come through, you will have to apply for EC together with your wife. You will then be required to show proof of marriage-certificates, photographs etc. Have a look at documents required to apply for EC.

nanji
Newly Registered

Post by nanji » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:04 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply...quite relieved now. Just one more thing.

To apply for the EC, is it necessary to apply from the same country that u applied for the HSMP from? Like I applied from Paris for the HSMP initially and now since I am moving to Brussels for the Job. Will I be able to apply for EC from Brussels? Also do I need to inform the HSMP authorities of my change in status like earlier I was a student and now I m starting a job in brussels. Actually HSMP visa will later on help me to relocate to UK easily as my company have representation there also.

Will this affect the HSMP decision in anyway?

Best Regards,
nanji

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:37 am

You should be able to apply for EC from the country that you will be based at time of EC application. also you do not have to inform them of your change of status as this wont be taken into account when deciding your case, its only the information from the date preceeding your application that is required. what you might need to do though is possibly notify them of change of address, depending on where you want to recieve your document.