ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on: Tuberculosis test

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Navin4966
Newly Registered

Question on: Tuberculosis test

Post by Navin4966 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:51 am

Information on my situation: I am currently in UK on tier 2 dependent visa, I have been staying in Uk from 8th Feb 2016 to till date. From the day I have landed in UK, I had been to India once for duration of 20 days ( from 13-April-2017 to 2-May-2017). I have not been out of UK apart from this India visit of 20 days ( from 13-April-2017 to 2-May-2017).

I am applying for Tier 1 Entrepreneur VISA in September-2017, for this I would be making my application from India and India is among the Tuberculosis tests required county list.

Question: In my situation do I still need to undergo Tuberculosis test and attach the results with my Tier 1 Entrepreneur VISA application, as I am applying it from India?

The information provided in the HO guidance is not that clear:

You won’t need a TB test if any of the following apply:

you’re a diplomat accredited to the UK
you’re a returning UK resident and haven’t been away for more than 2 years
you lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months

you’re a returning UK resident and haven’t been away for more than 2 years: am I applicable to this point?

Thanks for your time and help

Regards,
Navi

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Question on: Tuberculosis test

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:57 am

You do not need TB test when switching
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice