ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New set(O) forms

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ViperWiper

New set(O) forms

Post by ViperWiper » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi,

Just noticed that the new set(0) forms have been posted on the BIA website - had a quick read through it and was not able to figure out any 'material' changes - if any.

Maybe a more keen reader maybe able to point out the diffrences between the old and the new forms

Thanks

RobinLondon
Member of Standing

Post by RobinLondon » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:35 pm

I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading it. I did, however, pick out some new things:

- (Soon to be doomed) UK ancestry applicants will now have to supply their chain of descent papers once again. It used to be that the HO believed you if you had already supplied them for your first application. Now they want to see proof once again (p. 11).

- There are additional warnings about the type of financial proof that you must provide, that I don't believe was there before (p. 10).

- You now have to fill in a more detailed photographs and document checklist. No big deal, actually (p.13).

But apart from that, I think a new forms release is just a big hullaballoo. Did anyone else pick out anything new?

I take my words back. The biggest change is likely to be the motto on the bottom of the first page. Apparently now, the Home Office is no longer about:

"Building a safe, just and tolerant society"

It's new remit is:

"Working together to protect the public"

Erm, thanks.

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:47 pm

Thanks Robin.

I guess I was reading it more from a very 'selfish' point of view of a WP/HSMP person, so failed to pick up the changes.

To be honest, I was expecting a bigger change given that they have been making so many 'noises' off late.