ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HOW LONG TO RECEIVE BRP CARD AFTER APROVE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bobomann36
Newly Registered

FLR FP APPLICATION ON HOLD

Post by bobomann36 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:13 pm

I need assistance on this issue concern application made in uk base on British child and partner with permanent resident in uk since last year June 2016,
I receive letter today say my application was put on hold due [temporary on hold following a judgment by supreme court on 22nd february ,concerning the Family Immigration Rules Appendix FM.The reason for pause is to enable home office to consider the implications of the judgement and any impact on our decision.I am presently on unable to estimate how long this case will be on hold and apologies for delay
i require information on this and those the judgement affect or apply to application made in uk

Obie
Ireland

Re: FLR FP APPLICATION ON HOLD

Post by Obie » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:31 pm

The supreme court ruling has no impact on UK based applications. I wondered why they have put things on hold.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

bobomann36
Newly Registered

Post by bobomann36 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:37 pm

Thank for response

what do you suggest i do
should i contact my MP about it and instruct my solicitor to write them because i also have read through it it state spouse abroad coming to join their partner threshold not uk base

Tamandua

Post by Tamandua » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Obie wrote:The supreme court ruling has no impact on UK based applications. I wondered why they have put things on hold.
Me too. Maybe because the applicant doesn't meet the financial criteria and showed no insurmountable obstacles but has a child in the UK? I don't know. Mine appears to have been placed on hold as well although my partner exceeds the minimum income threshold.

bobomann36 wrote:Thank for response

what do you suggest i do
should i contact my MP about it and instruct my solicitor to write them because i also have read through it it state spouse abroad coming to join their partner threshold not uk base
If it's on hold, there's nothing your MP can do about it. When did you submit your application?

bobomann36
Newly Registered

Post by bobomann36 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:47 pm

i summit in june 2016

bobomann36
Newly Registered

Post by bobomann36 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:04 pm

in addition my partner is holder of EU FAMILY MEMBER WITH PERMANENT RESIDENCY CARD WITH BRITISH DAUGHTER
any advice with way forward will be appreciate

Colombakolla
Kenya

Post by Colombakolla » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi there any updates on your case? Have you got a decision?

bobomann36
Newly Registered

Post by bobomann36 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 pm

Thank
My solicitor received approval with grant on Tuesday dis week with document back expect my card

alphagear
Member of Standing

Post by alphagear » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:38 pm

Did your partner meet financial requirement 18600?

bobomann36
Newly Registered

HOW LONG TO RECEIVE BRP CARD AFTER APROVE

Post by bobomann36 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:01 am

hello

I have received approved letter with documents since 9th of AUGUST but i have not receive my BRP CARD
PLS how long it take to receive it and is there anything i can do about it

Thank

ssbib
United Kingdom

Re: HOW LONG TO RECEIVE BRP CARD AFTER APROVE

Post by ssbib » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:27 pm

It is my understanding that you collect your BRP card in-country when you arrive. When you filled in the application online you would've been asked to select a designated post office from which to collect it from within 10 days of your arrival in the U.K.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: HOW LONG TO RECEIVE BRP CARD AFTER APROVE

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:30 pm

ssbib wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:27 pm
It is my understanding that you collect your BRP card in-country when you arrive. When you filled in the application online you would've been asked to select a designated post office from which to collect it from within 10 days of your arrival in the U.K.
The OP made an in country FLR(FP) application and not an entry clearance application abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.