ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Category B - Clarification on if I will qualify

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sat86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Category B - Clarification on if I will qualify

Post by sat86 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:59 am

Hello,

A brief history to begin with. I'm a British citizen since 2016. I was permanent employee for 8yrs prior to Jan 2017. I quit my job and took contracting since Feb 2017. I got engaged in March 2017, marriage is in September and looking to apply for spouse visa in October. Looking through the visa requirements, I understood that limited company option was not the way as I would require to wait until my first full financial year CT600 to apply for dependent spouse visa. So I switched to an umbrella company and been with them since May 2017, with assignment start date of April 2017 (I.e. they will bill/invoice for my April work). My first pay for April and May was both paid in June. Due to some circumstances (delay in client transfering the money) the second pay ended up in August (for June and July invoice). I will have one more payslip in September prior to applying i.e., total of 3 payslips from current employer for a 5 months of employment.

My 3 payslips will effectively have a gross pay of £20,000 as it's billing for 5 months.

I realise that if I were to apply that I should go for Category B - with current employer for less than 6 months or variable pay. I can show 4 payslips from previous employer (upto Jan 2017) and I was not planning to show limited company employment between Feb and March as it will be of no use (wouldn't be considered).

My current employer, which is a reputed umbrella company will be able to provide employee reference and letter to state that I work for them and how much i've earned over the last 5 months working with them.

Do you think my application will qualify and succeed under category B? My confusion is because that I don't have payslips for May and July.

Please see calculation of salary as I understand from reading FM-SE.

Part 1: Gross pay over last 6 months

April to August - (£0+£0+£9200+£0+£7600+£3400)/6*12 = £40,400

Part 2: Gross pay over last 12 months

Current employment (May 2017 to September 2017) + Old employment (October 2016 to Jan 2017) - £32,000.

Your advice will help me release the stress that I've been building up.

Many thanks

sndp
Newly Registered

Re: Category B - Clarification on if I will qualify

Post by sndp » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:36 am

In Category-B, part-1: your last 6 months payslips or earnings are not relevant. If you are going for salaried employment, your employer letter should clearly state what your gross annual salary is and from what date you are earning that, the type of employment (permanent/contract) and that it continuing.
Part-2, along with last 12 month payslips (how many ever are available), you will need letter from each employer that the accompanying payslips are authentic. In addition, you will need original bank statements showing the salary being paid into.
Good luck.