ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and student loan

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sara_wales
Newly Registered

ILR and student loan

Post by Sara_wales » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi
I am sorry if I am posting this question in a wrong section. Please guide me and I will repost it in the relevant section!
I was granted ILR last month after living in UK for 5 years through tier 2 route. Next year I am planning to start a degree in university, am I eligible for home student fee? Do I qualify for student bursaries? I have tried searching around but didn't get a clear answer. Somewhere they say that I have to have lived here for 3 years prior to applying for univerity. I do fulfil that requirement because by next year it will be 6 years since I have been working here legally.
Can someone please guide me?
Thank you
Sara

Aleksej2008
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR and student loan

Post by Aleksej2008 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi
My wife has ILR she is a student as far as i know her loan went through, they never asked for her visa.
Thanks
Aleksej