ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Next step after BC if no BRP?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

m_man1

Next step after BC if no BRP?

Post by m_man1 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:51 pm

Hello,

I have had my British citizenship two weeks back, in the letter received from the HO it says after the BC, I have to submit my BRP. But I don't have a BRP card. I had got my PR in 2010 and have only submitted my biometrics while applying for naturalization now, but didn't receive any BRP card. I had filled my passport application along with the naturalization.

So my question is what is the next step after the BC if I don't have the BRP?

Please advise
Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Next step after BC if no BRP?

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:57 pm

No need to submit what you don't have. :idea: This doesn't apply to anyone who held PR under EEA Regulations.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:00 pm

Thank you for your reply.

So what is the next step after the BC? Will I receive a letter to submit current passport?

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:24 am

m_man1 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:00 pm
Thank you for your reply.

So what is the next step after the BC? Will I receive a letter to submit current passport?

Thank you
In short you don't have to do anything! Unless you'd like a British passport for which you just apply. You will retain your other nationality (if allowed by your home country) and any passport you are holding.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:51 am

thank you for your reply.

I have already applied for the passport along with the naturalization. Its been 3 weeks I had my BC,but haven't received any letter from HO on advising what to do next. So was a bit worried.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:05 am

m_man1 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:51 am
I have already applied for the passport along with the naturalization. Its been 3 weeks I had my BC,but haven't received any letter from HO on advising what to do next. So was a bit worried.
Presumably you attended the BC ceremony - receiving the passport after that will take a while judging by other postings.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.