ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going back to home country just to apply for Tier 4?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RedTapeIsBad
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Going back to home country just to apply for Tier 4?

Post by RedTapeIsBad » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:47 am

Hey guys,

I am a New Zealeander who has been living in the UK since 2014 under my father's Tier 2 visa as a Child Dependant(I came when I was under 18). I am now 19 and have completed one year in a UK university.

However, my family is moving to the UAE. Due to the UAE laws, I am not granted any form of residency. So when I visit my family in the future, I will do so as a tourist. Since my father's Tier 2 visa will end this November, I needed to apply for a Tier 4 one to continue my studies.

About 2-3 weeks ago, I did so via an application in the UK. I tried to switch from my Tier 2 child dependant to a Tier 4. I paid £916 and opted for the priority service because I wanted it back ASAP since I continue on to the 2nd year of my BSc course come 4th week of September.

Today, my application got refused since apparently, Tier 2 child dependants can't apply from within the UK... there goes my 900 quid!

I have a few questions:

1. Longshot, but, is there anything I can do about this from within the UK?

2. I am prepared to travel back to NZ and apply from there. However, I will be staying at a friend's house.

Since I would have only been at my friend's address for only about a day and for the sole purpose of coming to NZ for applying for a Tier 4 visa - will this cause any problems? I know that the online application asks for the length of time that you have lived in the address. In my case, it would only be a day or two.

Right now, the only way I can see myself getting my visa back for uni is if I go back to NZ and apply from there...

Any help would be appreciated!

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Going back to home country just to apply for Tier 4?

Post by sah10406 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:27 am

RedTapeIsBad wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:47 am
Longshot, but, is there anything I can do about this from within the UK?
No.
RedTapeIsBad wrote:
Since I would have only been at my friend's address for only about a day and for the sole purpose of coming to NZ for applying for a Tier 4 visa - will this cause any problems?
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

RedTapeIsBad
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: Going back to home country just to apply for Tier 4?

Post by RedTapeIsBad » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:25 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:27 am
RedTapeIsBad wrote:
Longshot, but, is there anything I can do about this from within the UK?
No.
RedTapeIsBad wrote:
Since I would have only been at my friend's address for only about a day and for the sole purpose of coming to NZ for applying for a Tier 4 visa - will this cause any problems?
No.
Alright thanks.