ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent extension after main applicant got ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RJoseph
Newly Registered

ILR Dependent visa

Post by RJoseph » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:04 pm

I am currently in UK(since June 2013) as a dependent on my husband who has Tier 2 General Work Visa.
My husband is eligible for ILR in August 2017.
Can I apply along with him as a dependent on ILR?
It is mentioned in https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... neral-visa
that the eligibility for partners is they should be living in UK with the main applicant for 5 years. As I will be in UK for only 4 years at the time my husband is eligible for ILR, I am confused as to what is the procedure.

Also if I am applying as a dependent when my husband applies for ILR do I need to take the Life in UK/English test?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Dependent visa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:16 pm

Is your husband applying for ILR based on Tier 2 G and 5 years residence?

If yes, then you can continue to extend your PBS Dependent visa until you meet the 5 year requirement for ILR. There is no need to switch to FLR(M) or ILR dep as you call it unless he applies for ILR based on 10 years long residence.

LIUK and English test is not required for PBS Dep extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RJoseph
Newly Registered

Post by RJoseph » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:32 pm

Thanks for quick response.
Yes my husband is eligible for ILR based on Tier 2 General 5 years residence.
My doubt is that when my husband gets his ILR would his tier 2 visa cease to be valid? In that cease I would be dependent on a non-existing visa?

If he gets ILR and eventually Citizenship, will I be directly eligible for BC as a spouse of British Citizen (can i skip ILR altogether)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:45 pm

RJoseph wrote:My doubt is that when my husband gets his ILR would his tier 2 visa cease to be valid? In that cease I would be dependent on a non-existing visa? The rules allow you to continue on PBS Dependent if your husband get ILR based on 5 years residence. See link below.
Dependents of ILR Economic 5 year route ILR applicants (click)

If he gets ILR and eventually Citizenship, will I be directly eligible for BC as a spouse of British Citizen (can i skip ILR altogether)? No you won't. To apply for Citizenship, you have to have ILR, there is no way that you can skip this. The advantage is that if your husband is British by the time you get ILR on form Set(O), you can apply for BC immediately without having to wait 12 months on ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RJoseph
Newly Registered

Post by RJoseph » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:34 pm

Thankyou!
My Tier 2 Dependent Visa expires on 14th April 2018 while I would complete my 5 years only on 31st May 2018 which is only 1.5 months short.
So if I am extending my PBS dep visa what is the minimum term I can apply for? Also will I need to pay NHS fee?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:44 pm

A PBS extension will be for a minimum of 3 years and yes, you will have to pay the immigration health surcharge.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

RJoseph
Newly Registered

Post by RJoseph » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:48 pm

Thank you very much for quickly clarifying all the doubts!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:52 pm

You could apply for your PBS Dep extension by post and then once you reach the date for ILR, apply to vary your application to Set(O) ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

RJoseph
Newly Registered

Post by RJoseph » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:11 pm

My husband is planning to apply for ILR in August 2017 and my Tier 2 Dependent visa expires in August 2018.
Should I apply for PBS extension before he applies for ILR or can I wait till my Tier 2 Dependent visa expires?

RJoseph
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependent extension after main applicant got ILR

Post by RJoseph » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:22 am

Hi,
I am in UK on Tier 2 dependent visa. My current Tier2 dependent visa is valid till April 2018.
However my husband got ILR last month. I am planning to extend my Tier2 dependent visa once more since I have a one month gap for 5 year ILR qualification.

My doubt is can I wait till my current visa expires and do the extension? Or is my current dependent visa invalid coz it was taken when my husband was still on Tier2 work permit.
We are planning to travel to India in the near future and I wanted to confirm whether the main applicant visa change affects my Tier 2 dependent visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependent extension after main applicant got ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:25 am

Topics Merged (click)

Not sure why you have started a new topic when your questions have already been answered in your previous topic, now merged with this one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)