ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

18600 b4 tax or after tax

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raanya

18600 b4 tax or after tax

Post by Raanya » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:24 am

hi

1) My husband is working at the salary of 1600 pounds per month before tax. will we still be able to meet the threshold or he needs to find a job with higher salary?. I just want to know that the minimum income threshold is b4 tax or after tax?

2) even though my baby was born in India she is entitled to a British passport through decent . I have applied for that . Does my husband need to show his salary slips as per 18600 pounds or my baby's expenses will also be included?

Regards
Megha

vinny

Re: 18600 b4 tax or after tax

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:27 am

E-ECP.3.1. wrote:The applicant must provide specified evidence, from the sources listed in paragraph E-ECP.3.2., of-

(a) a specified gross annual income of at least-
(i) £18,600;
(ii) an additional £3,800 for the first child; and
(iii) an additional £2,400 for each additional child; alone or in combination with
E-ECP.3.1. wrote:(c)(c) not a British Citizen or settled in the UK; and
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi,

With regards to your question below. I will answer in it combined so you will understand.

Normally you would just need to satisfy the home the entry clearance officer of a minimum of £18,600. This can be before tax so don't worry!
However as you have a child together your income requirement is £18,600 + £3,800 as you have a child making a minimum requirement of £22,400.

So unless your husband can show savings of £62,500 (I think). He would need to either see if he can get a raise or alternatively get another job to fill in the gap.

Good luck!!!!
Raanya wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:24 am
hi

1) My husband is working at the salary of 1600 pounds per month before tax. will we still be able to meet the threshold or he needs to find a job with higher salary?. I just want to know that the minimum income threshold is b4 tax or after tax?

2) even though my baby was born in India she is entitled to a British passport through decent . I have applied for that . Does my husband need to show his salary slips as per 18600 pounds or my baby's expenses will also be included?

Regards
Megha

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:27 pm

thekhan87 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:16 pm
However as you have a child together your income requirement is £18,600 + £3,800 as you have a child making a minimum requirement of £22,400.
No. As stated in my above response (E-ECP.3.1. (c)(c)), the extra £3,800 is not required for a British or settled child.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.