ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question for Germans who got British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oblomov38
Newly Registered

question for Germans who got British citizenship

Post by oblomov38 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:41 pm

I'm a German citizen who has recently acquired British citizenship, and I know that I did not lose my German citizenship, because the UK was still an EU country at the time of my naturalization.

I just wanted to double-check if I am supposed to notify the German authorities of my additional nationality at this point, apart from when I'll need to renew my German passport a few years down the line (I know there's a question on the form concerning that). I'm pretty sure that I don't, but just in case…

(Sorry if this is a bit of a niche topic, but I think there are few fellow Anglo-Germans on here!)

alterhase58
Germany

Re: question for Germans who got British citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:51 pm

No requirement to inform the German Botschaft - only when you apply for a new German passport.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

oblomov38
Newly Registered

Re: question for Germans who got British citizenship

Post by oblomov38 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:53 pm

That's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation, Alter!