ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport for Baby - What to Submit?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

galatie

British Passport for Baby - What to Submit?

Post by galatie » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:47 pm

Hi all,

I would like to apply for my one year old son's first British passport - I am American, and my husband is Belgian and has acquired permanent residency since last year. He has been working in the UK continuously since 2010, and I have been working and residing here since 2012.

I have read the guidance notes but am still uncertain as to what to include with my child's passport application. Since my husband has PR, would it be sufficient enough to send in his PR card and passport, or do I need to prove that he has been residing in the UK for the last 5 years via P60s, pay slips etc? Been receiving conflicting advice, so any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dowlad
Newly Registered

Re: British Passport for Baby - What to Submit?

Post by Dowlad » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:38 pm

I applied using 6*P60 and letter from my employer,
I used the post office check and service which was very cheap and very useful.

if your husband has PR and baby was born after your husband acquired the PR, I would only submit the PR.
but I took advice and guidance from the passport office regarding the required documents. so I would advise to give them a call, if you're unsure ultimately they're making the decision.

I got some details wrong on the form, the passport office staff wrote letter to confirm and check with me.
all in all even with mistakes in the form, it took less than 2 weeks to receive the new passport.

good luck.

Dowlad
Newly Registered

Post by Dowlad » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:01 pm

Meant Post office "Passport Check and Send service"
https://www.gov.uk/how-the-post-office- ... vice-works
That service will check that you've all the required evidence/supporting documents.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:54 am

If the PR document indicates date on which PR was acquired- and child was born after this date- it should not be necessary to re-evidence PR as part of a passport application.

However- it's important that you keep (for life) all records surrounding PR, work in the U.K., etc. and in addition, always keep child's British passport valid and do not throw out expired passports.

All three countries (United Kingdom, United States and Belgium) allow dual/multiple nationality so child can have all three.

Are you and/or your husband intending to become British citizens?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.