ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa Documents Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rickyc675
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK Spouse Visa Documents Question

Post by rickyc675 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:44 am

Hello there, I'm new to the forum and I'm wondering if someone could answer some questions for me regarding a UK spouse visa application (especially anyone who has experience applying for one)

My wife and I have to submit various documents as hard copies, how does this work? Will she send her applicant documents to the centre in Bangkok and I send my sponsor documents to a centre in England? Or do all of our documents have to be sent together? If they need to be sent together does this mean I will need to send all my documents to my wife in Thailand before we apply?

When using visa4UK to access the online application forms, am I able to setup an account in my name and apply on behalf of my wife?

Many thanks in advance, I'll possibly have more questions in the coming weeks so will be very grateful for advice!

Thank you!

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Re: UK Spouse Visa Documents Question

Post by walker » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:15 am

rickyc675 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:44 am
Hello there, I'm new to the forum and I'm wondering if someone could answer some questions for me regarding a UK spouse visa application (especially anyone who has experience applying for one)

My wife and I have to submit various documents as hard copies, how does this work? Will she send her applicant documents to the centre in Bangkok and I send my sponsor documents to a centre in England? Or do all of our documents have to be sent together? If they need to be sent together does this mean I will need to send all my documents to my wife in Thailand before we apply?

When using visa4UK to access the online application forms, am I able to setup an account in my name and apply on behalf of my wife?

Many thanks in advance, I'll possibly have more questions in the coming weeks so will be very grateful for advice!

Thank you!
1. All the documents need to be sent to the same centre. You need to establish where documents for a visa from Bangkok need to be sent.

2. Yes you are able to setup an account in your name and apply on behalf of your wife.

rickyc675
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rickyc675 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:13 am

Thank you very much for this walker!

Another thing, I'm assuming original payslips don't need to be countersigned? Or is it looked upon better if they are?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:18 am

rickyc675 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:13 am
Thank you very much for this walker!

Another thing, I'm assuming original payslips don't need to be countersigned? Or is it looked upon better if they are?
Not if the payslips are the originals.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rickyc675
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rickyc675 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:27 pm

Thank you very much Casa